A couple of ideas

What features and services do you want to see on WizTV?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

chromis
Apprentice

A couple of ideas

Post by chromis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 19:50

top movie releases from aust, uk and us.
traffic reports
world clock
top 10 book releases
holiday guides
aria 10 top
AFL scores

ok that's more than a few

DaveR
Wizard

Re: A couple of ideas

Post by DaveR » Thu Dec 18, 2008 23:13

chromis wrote:AFL scores
Aren't AFL scores included in the ABC sport pages?

You missed Lotto results and Powerball results etc.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:34

Dave? wrote:
AFL fans don't like to expose themselves to general sports programs. This would entail the risk of being reminded that there are other football codes :shock: :shock: :shock:
While this is only formally legislated within Victoria, SA, Tassie and WA, the habit is sometimes continued across state borders.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 20:20

eh, AFL is a football code? 8)
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Dec 19, 2008 21:12

Dave? wrote:
Yes, but not live scores. I don't care about any brand of football, but I wouldn't mind live test scores for the cricket :)

I don't man live as in automatically updated, just the score at (or about) the time of the request.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 08:12

On a slightly different tangent, the ability to scroll pages on the ABC Sports and News links by using the channel up/down keys like in the fileplayer menu would be good.

ATM, it only has the ability to scroll up/down one by one using the direction keys.

Also, is it possible to come out of a story and have the headline file that you were just reading highlighted?
What I mean is that if I find a story on page two I want to read, I select it, read it and then press previous to exit back into the headlines, but instead of coming back out on page 2, I come out on page 1 and need to scroll back to page 2 again to see other stories on that page.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:07

Hi Diesel,
diesel wrote:On a slightly different tangent, the ability to scroll pages on the ABC Sports and News links by using the channel up/down keys like in the fileplayer menu would be good.

ATM, it only has the ability to scroll up/down one by one using the direction keys.
I agree about the concept of uniformity in controls but CH +/- should be reserved for changing the channel of the background TV station up or down. (I was never a fan of CH +/- being used as a scroll control.)
diesel wrote:Also, is it possible to come out of a story and have the headline file that you were just reading highlighted?
What I mean is that if I find a story on page two I want to read, I select it, read it and then press previous to exit back into the headlines, but instead of coming back out on page 2, I come out on page 1 and need to scroll back to page 2 again to see other stories on that page.
As an alternative to this how about a NEXT and PREV button on each story item screen to allow the user to move to the next or previous story item. There would be a dimmed or no PREV on the first item and no NEXT on the last item. This would bypass the menu screen and make the whole process of browsing all the stories much faster.

Regards,
Ian.

diesel
Wizard

Post by diesel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 13:06

IanSav wrote: I agree about the concept of uniformity in controls but CH +/- should be reserved for changing the channel of the background TV station up or down. (I was never a fan of CH +/- being used as a scroll control.)
I disagree Ian. With WizTV on in the foreground, I am not really interested in changing channels in the background as i am not really watching what is going on in the background, but reading the WizTV content in the foreground.

IanSav wrote: As an alternative to this how about a NEXT and PREV button on each story item screen to allow the user to move to the next or previous story item. There would be a dimmed or no PREV on the first item and no NEXT on the last item. This would bypass the menu screen and make the whole process of browsing all the stories much faster.
This is a good suggestion[/quote]

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Dec 28, 2008 13:19

Hi Diesel,
diesel wrote:I disagree Ian. With WizTV on in the foreground, I am not really interested in changing channels in the background as i am not really watching what is going on in the background, but reading the WizTV content in the foreground.
We will have to agree to disagree then. When I get reading in WizTV I can be there for a very long time. I often wish I could change the underlying TV station without losing my place in WizTV.

Regards,
Ian.

chromis
Apprentice

Post by chromis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:44

Dave? wrote:

You missed Lotto results and Powerball results etc.
OH YEAH lotto results...very good...

dg
Master

Post by dg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:52

IanSav wrote: ..........As an alternative to this how about a NEXT and PREV button on each story item screen to allow the user to move to the next or previous story item. There would be a dimmed or no PREV on the first item and no NEXT on the last item. This would bypass the menu screen and make the whole process of browsing all the stories much faster.....
Regards,
Ian.
I love the basis of this idea, having to go back out of an item to go to the next item is a bit tedious. Rather than Next and Prev though just enable the use of the Left /Right or Up/Down keys.

DG
DP-P2, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI-1080i, Hitachi 42PD7800TA, OpticalAudio, Sony STRDG700S, HarmonyOne
DP-S1, 1.05.350, 100MB, HDMI- 720p, LG 32LX2D, HarmonyOne
IceTV, WPN824v2, LACIE d2 Network 1TB NAS

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Jan 08, 2009 18:59

Hi Dg,
dg wrote:I love the basis of this idea, having to go back out of an item to go to the next item is a bit tedious. Rather than Next and Prev though just enable the use of the Left /Right or Up/Down keys.
Up and Down are used to scroll through an article. If you want to use remote control buttons why not use PREVIOUS and NEXT? ;)

There should probably still be on-screen buttons so that a user can use on-screen navigation and also so the buttons can be dimmed to indicate that there are no more articles in either direction.

Regards,
Ian.

PeteRyde
Apprentice

Post by PeteRyde » Sun Jan 11, 2009 17:21

I also would like to see recent movie releases on DVD/BR. Maybe the most popular 20 last month, this month and then the "big" ones out next month.

Return to “What you want!”