Time to update the spec lists

What features and services do you want to see on WizTV?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

download
Guru

Time to update the spec lists

Post by download » Mon Dec 08, 2008 14:09

Might be worth upgrading the specs listed on the devices on the new website.

Something like MKV player capability would be a definite drawcard but there's no reference to it that I can find. Don't know what other features have been left of the graphics after the many upgrades (resume play?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

prl
Wizard God

Re: Time to update the spec lists

Post by prl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 14:14

download wrote:Might be worth upgrading the specs listed on the devices on the new website.

Something like MKV player capability would be a definite drawcard but there's no reference to it that I can find. Don't know what other features have been left of the graphics after the many upgrades (resume play?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie
I've flagged a couple of errors in the specs to peteru in the beta forum.

The specs don't otherwise talk about container formats (which I understand MKV is). They don't, for example, mention AVI. Perhaps they should, but it move away a bit from what's currently in the specs.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

download
Guru

Re: Time to update the spec lists

Post by download » Mon Dec 08, 2008 14:43

prl wrote:The specs don't otherwise talk about container formats (which I understand MKV is). They don't, for example, mention AVI. Perhaps they should, but it moves away a bit from what's currently in the specs.
Talking about 'container formats' as a criteria seems silly. Your average user is going to look at a list and wonder what he can play. Like here:

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/ ... tegory_id=

Of course it may be a deliberate decision as BW might not be able to play 99%+ of various 'container formats' and thus not want to make the claim directly. I always think a wbsite should be streamlined and free of clutter (the new (and old) BW ones do a very good job here) but there should always be the ability to drill down to a well formatted and comprehensive specs page (online user manuals also a given :))

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Return to “What you want!”