How do I connect to WizTV?

ABC News, ABC Sport, Wiz Weather, Wiz Gadgets etc Discussed here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

allie_181
Apprentice

How do I connect to WizTV?

Post by allie_181 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15

I just purchased a FV-L1. I have it hooked up to the internet and that appears to be working OK because I'm connected to Ice TV.

The firmware version is FVL1-01.07.012 (which I think is the latest).

Last night when I tried to set up WizTV it asked for an activation code and device name. I didn't know what to put so I exited out of that. Now I can't even remember how I got to that screen - was it somewhere in setup? :oops:

When I click on the WizTV button it says "loadimg WizTV" and then "WizTV Error, failed to open file".

How to I get wizTV to work? Thanks in advance :D

prl
Wizard God

Re: How do I connect to WizTV?

Post by prl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:48

allie_181 wrote:...

When I click on the WizTV button it says "loadimg WizTV" and then "WizTV Error, failed to open file".

How to I get wizTV to work? Thanks in advance :D
That's the step that should give you your activation code when it first enters WizTV.

Try it again, and if you get the same response, go straight into IceTV setup on the Beyonwiz and try doing Check User Information to make sure you currently have an Internet connection.

The latest firmware for the FV-L1 is 01.07.031, but it's only available from the Beyonwiz Corporate downloads page http://www.beyonwiz.com/support/download.php, not from the usual places. There's nothing in the release notes for 031 that suggests that an upgrade will fix your WizTV problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

allie_181
Apprentice

Post by allie_181 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04

prl wrote:That's the step that should give you your activation code when it first enters WizTV.

Try it again, and if you get the same response, go straight into IceTV setup on the Beyonwiz and try doing Check User Information to make sure you currently have an Internet connection.
Tried wiztv again, got same response. Checked icetv and it was fine. :?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21

allie_181 wrote:
prl wrote:That's the step that should give you your activation code when it first enters WizTV.

Tried wiztv again, got same response. Checked icetv and it was fine. :?
That's odd, because both use HTTP to connect. I can connect to WizTV, so it's probably not a server problem.

It may be worth trying to upgrade to 1.07.031, though that seems unlikely to help. In 1.07.031, you could also try SETUP>System>Initialize>Clear WizTV Cache. You have to upgrade to try that, because it's a feature introduced in 031.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

allie_181
Apprentice

Post by allie_181 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32

OK, i'll give that a shot, thanks.

edit - awesome, it worked once I cleared the cache. You're a superstar! Thanks :D

Return to “WizTV Info Based Services”