Downloaded WizTV video content won't play on DP-P2

ABC News, ABC Sport, Wiz Weather, Wiz Gadgets etc Discussed here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Mike in Bris
Apprentice

Downloaded WizTV video content won't play on DP-P2

Post by Mike in Bris » Wed Sep 30, 2009 15:30

Guys,

New DP-P2 owner so thought I'd try the WizTV functionality and downloaded some free video content. I think it was an indigenous Message Sticks episode or two. To my amusement, they were in aformat that the DP-P2 wouldn't play. From memory it was MP4.

Seems peculiar that the WizTV content can't play on the Wiz...

Or maybe this NooB just has no idea.

PS Speaking of NooB problems. How do you navigate in WizTV? I can navigate into the menu structure, but when at the bottom can't seem to navigate back out. Have to press EXIT and then WizTV and come at it from the very beginning every time. Must be an easier way.

Cheers,
Michael

aza0
Apprentice

Post by aza0 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 15:49

Wiztv is still in beta. The problem is most likely that the file you are trying to download has not completed downloading, which is why you get a 'unsupported format' error. Its a well known problem, there is a couple of threads on it.

As for navigating around wiztv I use a harmony remote. On that it has a 'PREV' button that I press to go back one page. From memory and I'm really testing it here, you have a button on the wiz remote that is half circle or something similar to go back a page. I have not used the wiz remote in along time but I know there is a button that lets you go back. Just keep trying you will hit it eventually.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 15:57

aza0 wrote: ... you have a button on the wiz remote that is half circle or something similar to go back a page. ....
It's an three-quarter circle with an arrow on one end. It's to the right of the "arrow" and OK buttons.

It can also be used for "go to previous channel" in LiveTV, and "go back up one folder level" in the FilePlayer, and as "delete" in the on-screen keyboard.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Mike in Bris
Apprentice

Post by Mike in Bris » Wed Sep 30, 2009 16:07

aza0 wrote:Wiztv is still in beta. The problem is most likely that the file you are trying to download has not completed downloading, which is why you get a 'unsupported format' error. Its a well known problem, there is a couple of threads on it.
Thanks aza0, but I think it was fully downloaded MP4. I'll go home and give it another go tonight to see if it works.
aza0 wrote:As for navigating around wiztv I use a harmony remote. On that it has a 'PREV' button that I press to go back one page.
So do I! :D

I use a Harmony 880 universal remote for my full set-up so I'll try the PREV button then to back out.

One other thing I've noticed with my Harmony 880 using the DP-P2 though is that when I adjust the volume through my Marantz SR7400 AV Receiver, it drops the video feed from the DP-P2 through my component feed to the AV Receiver. It shows a blue screen with the volume bar at the bottom that the AV Receiver is sending, but its supposed to be over the top of the video feed from the source you're playing, in this case the DP-P2 in 'Watch TV' mode. Bit bummed because it means every time I tweak the volume during LiveTV or Playback, I lose video for about 5 seconds. Very annoying, but probably the AV Receiver at fault. Never used to happen with my el cheapo SD STB though.

Thanks again,
Mike

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 16:50

Turn off your AVR OSD (for volume controls if you can), the AVR probably doesn't support putting the screen overlay up at 1080i or whatever your Wiz component output is set to.
Or maybe you need to play with your upscaling/other AVR settings a bit.
Tony

aza0
Apprentice

Post by aza0 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 09:03

How did you go Mike? Any success?

Return to “WizTV Info Based Services”