A new weather link for wiz ???

ABC News, ABC Sport, Wiz Weather, Wiz Gadgets etc Discussed here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Wildone

A new weather link for wiz ???

Post by Wildone » Sun Apr 19, 2009 23:31

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/wa.asp

This is a site I find very useful, If you surf, sail, fish, fly, or go to the beach.

Could be a good Wiz site?

Wildone

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: A new weather link for wiz ???

Post by IanSav » Mon Apr 20, 2009 02:10

Hi Wildone,
Wildone wrote:http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/wa.asp

This is a site I find very useful, If you surf, sail, fish, fly, or go to the beach.

Could be a good Wiz site?
The Terms of Service look like this sort of use would be prohibited.
17. NO AUTOMATED QUERYING / FRAMING / EMBEDDING / USING
Under no circumstance may you use web scanning software to extract information from this for use in any purpose whatsoever, including feeding to another web site, desktop gadget, website plugin for any commerical gain, "freeware", archiving or analysis.

You may not use any automated processes of any sort to query, access or copy content presented on the websites operated by us without obtaining written approval in advance.

Except for the temporary copy held in the computer's cache, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, images, software, products or services obtained from this website without obtaining prior written approval of Seabreeze.

You may not use any part of the material on the websites of Seabreeze to establish, promote, maintain or provide, or assist in establishing, promoting, maintaining or providing your own publications, internet sites, desktop gadgets, applications or other means of distribution without obtaining prior written approval from Seabreeze.
If permission is sought then it is likely to be a costed service. Either way I doubt you will see this on WizTV any time soon.

Regards,
Ian.

Wildone

Re: A new weather link for wiz ???

Post by Wildone » Wed Apr 22, 2009 13:27

IanSav wrote:Hi Wildone,
Wildone wrote:http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/wa.asp

If permission is sought then it is likely to be a costed service. Either way I doubt you will see this on WizTV any time soon.

Regards,
Ian.
Hi Ian,

I have chatted to Laurie, the owner of the SeaBreeze site and his reply is below.
Laurie from the SeaBreeze site wrote:Hi Mark,

That Beyonwiz looks like a neat bit of gear.

Sounds like a shweet idea & not one we'd oppose .. maybe if you get us your email contact?

Thanks,
Laurie
So Ian if you?re interested in this, it?s available to WizTV.

I think other users would like it as it covers most of the costal areas around Australia and give you a 7 day outlook.

Let us know and I will pass on the details on.

Moderator's Comment: Formatting of quoted text was fixed

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Apr 22, 2009 18:43

Hi Mark,

Hopefully PeterU will notice this thread and contact you for further information. I believe that it will be Peter that can take this further.

Regards,
Ian.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Apr 23, 2009 09:01

I could make this work if the information was available as some form of a structured data feed. For example, an XML feed. There is no chance of being able to scrape web pages.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Thu Apr 23, 2009 13:05

peteru wrote:I could make this work if the information was available as some form of a structured data feed. For example, an XML feed. There is no chance of being able to scrape web pages.
Can you make it work as a more general RSS or news reader where the user can specify the feed?

Wildone

Post by Wildone » Thu Apr 23, 2009 15:13

peteru wrote:I could make this work if the information was available as some form of a structured data feed. For example, an XML feed. There is no chance of being able to scrape web pages.
I know they have WAP where you can use your mobile phone to look at the data. Could that be used? I believe it is a XML feed.

http://wap.seabreeze.com.au

If you could get the pictures of the graphs that would excellent.

I have PM'ed you the contact details of the owner of the site as this might be better than trying to do it on the open forum.

Thanks, I'm starting to get excited....

Mark

Return to “WizTV Info Based Services”