Format of media files for the Beyonwiz on FAT32 HDDs

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

Format of media files for the Beyonwiz on FAT32 HDDs

Post by prl » Sat Feb 07, 2009 16:23

The Beyonwiz stores media files in the internal HDD's content folder as single files under their original name provided the files are small enough to be stored on a FAT32 volume, i.e. less than about 4GB. I don't know the actual cut-over point from single files to multi-file format.

If the original file is larger than the cutover, the Beyonwiz creates a folder whose name is the original media file name with '.wiz' appended, splits the original file into 1GB (exactly 2^30byte) chunks, and adds a header file, 'wmmeta', describing the file chunks.

The detailed structure is on the OpenWiz Recorded Files page.

There is one detail that I'm not sure of. I don't know what the purpose of bytes 4-7 of the header file is. It may always be 1, but I'm not sure. I'd appreciate it if anyone with telnet access and a good-sized collection of media files on their BW could copy a bunch of the wmmeta data files to their computer and see if there is any pattern to the value of those four bytes. It would also be useful to get a better idea of what the cutover is between single-file format and .wiz folder format.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Software Developers”