Change startup behaviour - Open file list

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

janilxx

Change startup behaviour - Open file list

Post by janilxx » Thu Oct 30, 2008 04:54

At the moment my BW always opens "find services" screen after booting.

As I am using my BWs only as a media center it would be great to be able to open file list automatically after boot instead of this "find services".

Could FW be changed so that file list would open after a boot?
Another possibility would be to show black screen instead of this "find services".

If this is possible can I do the change by myself into the FW? If yes, could someone give me an instructions.

Thanks.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Change startup behaviour - Open file list

Post by prl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 07:06

janilxx wrote:At the moment my BW always opens "find services" screen after booting.

As I am using my BWs only as a media center it would be great to be able to open file list automatically after boot instead of this "find services".

Could FW be changed so that file list would open after a boot?
Another possibility would be to show black screen instead of this "find services".

If this is possible can I do the change by myself into the FW? If yes, could someone give me an instructions.

Thanks.
Hi Jani. I think that this behaviour is all embedded in the wizdvp application, and there don't appear to be any command-line options to modify the startup behaviour:

Code: Select all

options: 
-sd: to force SD profile
-m <board number>: to select a board index. Default is 0
-mpmode:  start MP-Mode
-k : use Keyboard. no IR remote-controller
-dump : to force dumpfile loading
-nodump : to force XML parsing
-parse : parse XML and quit
-d <file>: use <file> as dumpfile
-g <path>: use <path> as guidata folder
-c <path>: use <path> as cramfs mouted folder
-addr <address>: use <address> as loaded dump position
-dump-from-romfs : use /dump.dat
-nowizmon : ignore wizmon
-dpp1 : DP-P1 model (without DVD)
-tgd : trccmd global disable
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 08:39

I thought about this a bit more, and I realised that the switch between starting up in Find Services rather than live TV is probably triggered by the contents of /tmp/config/svc.dat, services/tuner configuration file, having an empty services table.

If you were to fake up a services entry in the table, or use an svc.dat from another Beyonwiz you may at least be able to get the Beyonwiz to start in Live TV mode instead of in the scan menu.

Of course, using an svc.dat file from a different firmware could also turn your Beyonwiz into a brick, so you should probably make sure that you can use the emergency firmware recovery procedure before you try this.

The svc.dat file could be introduced into the Beyonwiz either by unpacking /etc/default.cramfs, replacing the svc.dat file there, and rebuilding and replacing /etc/default.cramfs, and building and downloading a new firmware package. Then all you'd need to do to install the hacked svc.dat would be to do a Factory Settings reset (the "Factory Settings" would now contain an svc.dat with some service information in it).

The other mechanism would be to apply the telnet patch, put svc.dat on some network share the Beyonwiz can see. Then use the file player to visit the share (to make sure that the Beyonwiz has the share mounted).

Then telnet to the Beyonwiz, use the "mount" command to find where the share is mounted, then use "cp" to copy the svc.dat on the share to /tmp/config/svc.dat. Then restart.

In both cases, it's probably worth saving a copy of the "real" svc.dat in case the procedure works only partly; perhaps runs, but does wierd things.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Software Developers”