Black hole Jun.29th-Jul.5th

Put on your "L" Plates in here and post till your heart's content.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:10

Hi Dennis,
sub3R wrote:Thanks for that information; I won?t start pulling the S1 apart now. :D I also can?t reproduce the issue on demand.
My main concern was that something wasn?t quite right with that S1 & I wanted to correct it before it got any worse. Four issues of the same type over a four month period isn?t a concern & the quick fix for me is to exit from the file player to live TV then back to the file player.
In my limited experience I found that returning to LIVE does not always correct the issue. (On one occasion even LIVE mode suffered a codec failure.) In all cases when I find *anything* irregular in the operation of my Beyonwiz I *always* perform a quick restart to clear out the issue and return to a known good state.
sub3R wrote:BTW ? how is the new Yamaha receiver going?
Still learning all the in's and out's of it. DRM is a complete pain in the bum. I still don't have the new TV so I need to run the amp in component output mode. All the inputs are connected as HDMI. Due to DRM none of these inputs will map to the output! :( I have patched in some work around connections but it has made a mess of my clean up efforts. Further, one of my devices is a HDMI 1.2 "standard" but the amp won't decode the audio as presented via HDMI however it is totally happy to accept the same digital signal via an optical link. (This is a pain because the amp thinks that the audio is still coming via HDMI and keeps auto selecting HDMI rather than optical. That is, the amp's auto logic is somehow being confused by this device.)

I still have no regrets getting the unit but I intend to speak with Yamaha customer support regarding some of the anomalies I have encountered.

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “Test Forum”