LiDiC kills my Austar STB

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

markblake
Apprentice

LiDiC kills my Austar STB

Post by markblake » Thu Apr 22, 2010 00:50

This is weird. Have been using my LiDiC with Austar STB connected to the DP-S1 for a year, without any real issues.

Suddenly the Austar service 'dies' - no picture, no sound, but wait, some of the channel info and menu options visuals still display on screen, so it is the Austar Box that is not transmitting the broadcast picture and sound, the LiDiC and DPS1 are not at fault here. Resetting the Austar box gets it going for a few minutes then it repeats.

So i expect that the Austar box is broken - well no.

I connect a DVD player to the LiDiC, no problem.
I connect Austar STB direct to TV, or Home Theater, no problem

I spent a good couple of hours swapping cables and troubleshooting, I can repeat the problem with Austar > LiDiC > DP-S1 every time, no problem with any other combination.

I have gone around and around in circles, and I cant isolate this issue. I wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar?

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Thu Apr 22, 2010 09:26

Maybe a power supply issue?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

markblake
Apprentice

Post by markblake » Thu Apr 22, 2010 22:59

Are you thinking the Austar or BYW power supply?

I know the BYW has a power supply issue and I am going to get that sorted one day, and have considered that, but it doesnt make sense (does anything) how it could stop the Austar from sending the broadcast out the AV channels

I've considered trying to get a new box from Austar but they will charge me a service call if they cant fault their gear.

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”