different aspect ratio after downloading using wizfx

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

buggosplat
Apprentice

different aspect ratio after downloading using wizfx

Post by buggosplat » Sat Aug 09, 2008 00:44

i think i've seen this somewhere in the forum along the lines of my curiosity explained but i couldn't find it sorry

when i watch a recorded file from the lidic straight off the wiz, the same ratio is maintained, when downloaded using wizfx to usb and view aspect ratio has altered

why?

netmask
Wizard

Re: different aspect ratio after downloading using wizfx

Post by netmask » Sat Aug 09, 2008 14:04

buggosplat wrote:i think i've seen this somewhere in the forum along the lines of my curiosity explained but i couldn't find it sorry

when i watch a recorded file from the lidic straight off the wiz, the same ratio is maintained, when downloaded using wizfx to usb and view aspect ratio has altered

why?
Pst! Don't mention the LiDiC!!

The BW media player interprets a LiDiC file as an incorrect aspect ratio of 5:4 when it ought to be 4:3. When you transfer the file to the PC it will correctly playback the file as 4:3 assuming you have a range of codecs installed on the PC. It should eventually (hopefully) be fixed when the media player is updated in some future firmware. In the case of the P2 with the built in one channel LiDiC it has been reported that this problem has been fixed. I suspect the hardware of the built in LiDiC may have been modified, if it has it would be nice if BW offered to update standalone LiDiC's that forum members currently own as it does not do what it is claimed to do..... at the moment. You can connect it directly to your PC as a capture device and with the next firmware update upload the files to the BW hard disk - so all is not lost. However if you want to timeshift say Foxtel then it simply doesn't work correctly, well if you don't mind vertically enhanced people! This has been one of the slowest repair jobs to date - nothing announced either in the forum or even a PM
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”