AP-E1 LiDiC Resetting during recording.

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

tldaley
Apprentice

AP-E1 LiDiC Resetting during recording.

Post by tldaley » Sat Jun 14, 2008 14:22

Hi guys,

I am having trouble with my LiDiC, that is, besides the aspect ratio problem.

I was trying to transfer some recordings from my Foxtel IQ box to my P1 via the LiDiC the other day when after about 1 hour the LED on the front of the LiDiC stopped flashing and there was no video output to the P1. The Foxtel IQ kept playing and the P1 kept recording.

I tried this several times and it happened each time, varying from after 24 mins to up to 1 hour or so.

I need to do this as the IQ will be replaced this Thursday with the new HD IQ2 box and I don't want to lose the recordings I have not yet seen.

Anyone else have this happen or do I need to get the LiDiC replaced.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Jun 14, 2008 17:12

Yes this happened to my first LiDiC and had to return it for a replacement unit. I didn't get a direct reply as to what was wrong but the guy at Bing Lee made enquiries and told me it was an electrical problem. Change it over is my advise.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 17:30

netmask wrote:...
the guy at Bing Lee made enquiries and told me it was an electrical problem.
Gosh. :shock:
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

tldaley
Apprentice

Post by tldaley » Sat Jun 14, 2008 18:08

netmask wrote:Yes this happened to my first LiDiC and had to return it for a replacement unit. I didn't get a direct reply as to what was wrong but the guy at Bing Lee made enquiries and told me it was an electrical problem. Change it over is my advise.
Bugger!

I don't suppose that's going to happen before next Thursday.

I got the LiDiC direct from Beyonwiz via the redemption offer.

Now have to work out how I can get the videos off the old IQ.

Thanks for the peply.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Jun 14, 2008 18:17

prl wrote:
Just to clarify it was something to do with the 5 volt rail - my guess is the USB socket was shorting.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 18:27

netmask wrote:
prl wrote:
Just to clarify it was something to do with the 5 volt rail - my guess is the USB socket was shorting.
OK, sorry, it really was electrical rather than electronic.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

DaveR
Wizard

Re: AP-E1 LiDiC Resetting during recording.

Post by DaveR » Sat Jun 14, 2008 23:51

tldaley wrote:I tried this several times and it happened each time, varying from after 24 mins to up to 1 hour or so.
Could be heat related. You may be able to finish off dubbing your foxtel recordings if you:
- Make sure the current LiDiC is not on top of the BW
- Let it cool down between files
- Maybe even point a fan at it to keep the electronics cooler (not that there's any air vents for the airflow)

Trev, are you in Sydney?
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

tldaley
Apprentice

Re: AP-E1 LiDiC Resetting during recording.

Post by tldaley » Sun Jun 15, 2008 07:17

Dave? wrote:
tldaley wrote:I tried this several times and it happened each time, varying from after 24 mins to up to 1 hour or so.
Could be heat related. You may be able to finish off dubbing your foxtel recordings if you:
I don't think so, it is sitting on top of a lowboy entertainment unit all on it's lonesome, It also doesn't feel hot.
- Make sure the current LiDiC is not on top of the BW
- Let it cool down between files?
The problem is that it doesn't even get through the first file.
- Maybe even point a fan at it to keep the electronics cooler (not that there's any air vents for the airflow)
See above.
Trev, are you in Sydney?
No I'm in Adelaide. I now have dug out my retired Panasonic DVD/HD recorder and am transfering the files to that and will transfer them to the BW when I get the LiDiC replaced.

Many thanks anyway.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

tldaley
Apprentice

Post by tldaley » Wed Jun 18, 2008 08:21

Hi Guys,

An update to this problem....

After much testing I have found that the problem only occurs if I am doing anything with the P1 other than watching the LiDic channel that I am recording. That is if I have the LiDiC on the same channel I can record that LiDiC channel without the LiDiC resetting (I did this yesterday for over 3 hrs).

If I change to a different channel eventually the LiDiC will reset, same if I try to record or playback something else.

It appears that the proccessor reaching 100% use stalls either the USB controller or USB stack. Once this has occured I get nothing out of the LiDiC on either channels until I turn off and back on the P1, which resets the LiDiC.

I hope this is of some hekp to the Beyonwiz people.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49

I wonder if it would be possible to supply the LiDiC with an independent power supply like one does with USB drives? Would this help?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:18

Hi Netmask,
netmask wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to supply the LiDiC with an independent power supply like one does with USB drives? Would this help?
Not if this is a Beyonwiz CPU loading issue as Trev proposes.

Regards,
Ian.

benhsau
Apprentice

Post by benhsau » Wed Jun 18, 2008 18:04

tldaley wrote:Hi Guys,

An update to this problem....

After much testing I have found that the problem only occurs if I am doing anything with the P1 other than watching the LiDic channel that I am recording. That is if I have the LiDiC on the same channel I can record that LiDiC channel without the LiDiC resetting (I did this yesterday for over 3 hrs).

If I change to a different channel eventually the LiDiC will reset, same if I try to record or playback something else.

It appears that the proccessor reaching 100% use stalls either the USB controller or USB stack. Once this has occured I get nothing out of the LiDiC on either channels until I turn off and back on the P1, which resets the LiDiC.

I hope this is of some hekp to the Beyonwiz people.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.
I have the same problem. LiDiC stops recording after a while if I watch a recorded show at the same time. Does this everytime.

Overall, very disappointed with the LiDiC,

This problem
Ratio problem
the effort to be able to play these recordings on a PC
Samsung UA65JS9000W TV
Yamaha RX-773 AV Receiver (7.2 Surround Sound)
BD-E5900 3D BD DVD
Beyonwiz T4 4TB / Beyonwiz T3 4TB / Beyonwiz DP-P1

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Jun 18, 2008 18:56

Hi Benhsau,
benhsau wrote:I have the same problem. LiDiC stops recording after a while if I watch a recorded show at the same time. Does this everytime.

This problem
Now that this issue has been highlighted I am sure it will be investigated by Beyonwiz.
benhsau wrote:Ratio problem
We have had confirmation today that this is an issue with the Sigma Designs code and that Sigma Designs are dragging their feet about helping Beyonwiz to resolve the problem. Beyonwiz are still pushing as hard as they can to get this moving.
benhsau wrote:the effort to be able to play these recordings on a PC
This is a PC issue and has nothing to do with the Beyonwiz.

Regards,
Ian.

cyberhuey
On probation

Post by cyberhuey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 21:42

IanSav wrote:Hi Benhsau,
benhsau wrote:I have the same problem. LiDiC stops recording after a while if I watch a recorded show at the same time. Does this everytime.

This problem
Now that this issue has been highlighted I am sure it will be investigated by Beyonwiz.
benhsau wrote:Ratio problem
We have had confirmation today that this is an issue with the Sigma Designs code and that Sigma Designs are dragging their feet about helping Beyonwiz to resolve the problem. Beyonwiz are still pushing as hard as they can to get this moving.
benhsau wrote:the effort to be able to play these recordings on a PC
This is a PC issue and has nothing to do with the Beyonwiz.

Regards,
Ian.
Has any further resolution come of this problem, I too use a LiDiC to record and watch foxtel via the DP-P1`and quite often the LiDiC resets during a show, seems to happen more when I watch it. This problem became more pronounced during the last few firmware upgrades. Cant remember which firmware it began at.

Cheers

James

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Aug 06, 2008 22:43

Hi James,
cyberhuey wrote:Has any further resolution come of this problem, I too use a LiDiC to record and watch foxtel via the DP-P1`and quite often the LiDiC resets during a show, seems to happen more when I watch it. This problem became more pronounced during the last few firmware upgrades. Cant remember which firmware it began at.
I am unaware of any specific LiDiC fixes. Are you using the latest Beyonwiz firmware? There are often stability improvements in every new firmware release.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Aug 07, 2008 09:36

IanSav wrote:Hi James,
cyberhuey wrote:Has any further resolution come of this problem, I too use a LiDiC to record and watch foxtel via the DP-P1`and quite often the LiDiC resets during a show, seems to happen more when I watch it. This problem became more pronounced during the last few firmware upgrades. Cant remember which firmware it began at.
I am unaware of any specific LiDiC fixes. Are you using the latest Beyonwiz firmware? There are often stability improvements in every new firmware release.

Regards,
Ian.
In particular, the LiDiC firmware appears to be part of the BW firmware update, so there is potential for LiDiC fixes in any BW firmware update. However, I can't recall there ever being any mention of LiDiC updates in any release notes for firmware.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

cyberhuey
On probation

Post by cyberhuey » Fri Aug 08, 2008 19:48

IanSav wrote:Hi James,

Regards,
Ian.
Yep sure am, I can vaguely remember that it started a few firmwares ago, and with each firmware seems to be getting progressively worse with the resetting, seems to occur more when I am watching Foxtel through the LiDiC than when I just record foxtel through the LiDiC and watch it later. I am using HDMI interface from the BW to the Sony Bravia Panel. Maybe this is an issue more with the HDMI interface perhaps, would it be possible that the LiDiC is causing a processor overload through conversion to H264 causing the LiDiC / HDMI to reset, reason I say this, is when it resets the HDMI details come up on the screen for the HDMIl Port selected on the Bravia and it goes blue until the picture redetects and the LiDiC starts flashing again indicating the streaming from the Foxtel to the LiDiC / BW

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”