Recording Foxtel via LiDiC and playing catchup with DP-P1

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

javaboy
Apprentice

Recording Foxtel via LiDiC and playing catchup with DP-P1

Post by javaboy » Tue May 27, 2008 20:55

I have recently noticed that - that when watching Foxtel while it's recording the file seems to stop partway through and then is 'blank' for the rest. This just happened today when my wife started watching something halfway through and then was catching up.

This has also happened to me on Sunday when I was doing something similar (I think) but can't remember the exact details. My theory is that if you start recording something, and then start watching it - the 'blank' starts the moment you start the catchup process (ie when you start watching) so that when you actually catch up to the bit where you started watching, the rest of the recording will be blank.

I have not tested this but it is annoying indeed as I have only had the LiDiC for a week or so.

Regardless of my 'theory' which may / may not be correct, there is definitely something not right with recording Foxtel. I do have other Foxtel files (which I definitely did not play catch-up on) that have recorded fine.

Not only is the file blank, but pressing FF, REW, STOP etc. is a bit wierd and the system seems almost unresponsive/slow for a while.

Any other people with this problem? (I have the latest 235 f/w)

buggosplat
Apprentice

Post by buggosplat » Wed May 28, 2008 13:03

got a dps1 with latest f/w, just tried your theory all seemed to work ok,

tried recording something off foxtel, then played a movie off the usb drive while recording then when i went back to watch what i was recording screen went blank and when i went into file player HDD came up temporarily unavailable

similar results when i tried this and went to watch dvd, the screen truncated as well though

javaboy
Apprentice

Post by javaboy » Wed May 28, 2008 13:08

buggosplat wrote:got a dps1 with latest f/w, just tried your theory all seemed to work ok,

tried recording something off foxtel, then played a movie off the usb drive while recording then when i went back to watch what i was recording screen went blank and when i went into file player HDD came up temporarily unavailable

similar results when i tried this and went to watch dvd, the screen truncated as well though
I also tried just catching up... and didn't get the problem yesterday.

Yeah maybe that's what it was - I was watching something else off the HDD while Foxtel was recording and then went to catchup... that's when this happened.

Thanks - at least I am not alone!

javaboy
Apprentice

Post by javaboy » Thu May 29, 2008 17:23

So assuming that this is a bug, how do we raise it so that it gets looked at? Also is it an LiDiC issue or a player issue?

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”