Recording Foxtel by setting timers

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

javaboy
Apprentice

Recording Foxtel by setting timers

Post by javaboy » Mon May 26, 2008 11:07

Hi
I am pretty sure I know the answer to this already but thought I would check anyway...

I bought an LiDiC the other day and just wondering if there is any way to get the Foxtel STB to change channels to a particular one automatically. I.e I can set the LiDiC to kickoff at a certain time to record, but the problem is of course the Foxtel box must be set to the right channel... is there any way? I suspect the answer is "no".

I have one of those "little" Pace Foxtel boxes with the curved edges on the side.

Cheers

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon May 26, 2008 11:26

Hi Javaboy,

Does that Foxtel box have any timers? If so set a timer to switch to the required channel. If not just get in a habit of leaving the Foxtel box on the required channel when it is not in use.

Regards,
Ian.

javaboy
Apprentice

Post by javaboy » Mon May 26, 2008 11:31

IanSav wrote:Hi Javaboy,

Does that Foxtel box have any timers? If so set a timer to switch to the required channel. If not just get in a habit of leaving the Foxtel box on the required channel when it is not in use.

Regards,
Ian.
Not that I could find... the only thing it has is "Reminders" which only pops-up a a box on the screen to say your scheduled program is due to start soon... press SELECT to go there.. if you dont press SELECT it will just sit there (and get recorded as well), as I found out.

Eastwocs
Apprentice

Post by Eastwocs » Mon May 26, 2008 13:55

javaboy wrote:Not that I could find... the only thing it has is "Reminders" which only pops-up a a box on the screen to say your scheduled program is due to start soon... press SELECT to go there.. if you dont press SELECT it will just sit there (and get recorded as well), as I found out.
Once you have set the reminders, press the "Planner" button to list them, and set them to automatically change channels. This is what I do when I record to my hdd dvdr.

Unfortunately, you have to reset them everytime. Personally, I would have bundled the LiDiC with an IR flasher that could have changed the channels for you, but I ranted about that in another thread...

javaboy
Apprentice

Post by javaboy » Mon May 26, 2008 14:10

Ok thanks, will try that when I get home today. Thank you.

javaboy
Apprentice

Post by javaboy » Tue May 27, 2008 19:50

That seems to have worked. thanks again.

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”