Has anyone done this with their LiDiC?

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

alwayslooking
Master

Has anyone done this with their LiDiC?

Post by alwayslooking » Sat May 10, 2008 12:34

I wondered if you could connect your Wiz S-video output into the LiDiC s-video input, then use the LiDiC s-video output to your TV (and select that input on the TV) and then record the playback of a file on the wiz to get it in H.264 format?

(I know it is a long way round to covert files and there are easier ways...I just wanted to know if you could do it this way).

I'm messing around with it now to see if it will work - it records all the menu commands, but as soon as a file starts playing, it stops.

Has anyone tried this - sorry if it's been posted previously.

DaveR
Wizard

Re: Has anyone done this with their LiDiC?

Post by DaveR » Sun May 11, 2008 22:21

alwayslooking wrote:then record the playback of a file on the wiz
This is where your plan falls in a heap. You can't start a recording by pressing the record button while playing a file. Hmm, I wonder if you could set a timer for the LiDiC channel and do it that way?

BTW you wouldn't need to use the LiDiC's A/V out - just set the TV-Out on the BW to 576i (SD PAL) assuming you're using a video out to your TV that works with SD PAL.

heh heh. I tried it.... and the LiDiC did not like it. Or the BW did not like it. When I switched the BW to output SD PAL I kept getting the "Output changed to 576i 50Hz OK" popup continuously flashing on and off. Meantime the LiDiC 2 progressbar was onscreen and getting paler and paler until it was completely white. Then the whole screen went green and started getting narrower and narrower. So the LiDiC and the BW do not like the signal going in a loop... Well, the BW seems ok with it, but the LiDiC does not like it.

I did manage to record 1 minute of live tv (plus photograph and video the shrinking/fading screen). The recording is interesting. It shows a recording of playing the recording as it is recording... :shock:

i.e. it has recorded the bw menus starting the recording, then stopping the recording, then playing the recording... which shows the bw starting the recording, then stopping the recording, then playing the recording... which shows...
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Mon May 12, 2008 08:47

Dave? wrote:
alwayslooking wrote:then record the playback of a file on the wiz
This is where your plan falls in a heap. You can't start a recording by pressing the record button while playing a file. Hmm, I wonder if you could set a timer for the LiDiC channel and do it that way?
I tried that - I also started a recording THEN opened a file to playback - but no joy with either.
Dave? wrote: BTW you wouldn't need to use the LiDiC's A/V out - just set the TV-Out on the BW to 576i (SD PAL) assuming you're using a video out to your TV that works with SD PAL.
Does the wiz output via more than one AV? I thought it would only output one at a time.
Dave? wrote: I did manage to record 1 minute of live tv (plus photograph and video the shrinking/fading screen). The recording is interesting. It shows a recording of playing the recording as it is recording... :shock:

i.e. it has recorded the bw menus starting the recording, then stopping the recording, then playing the recording... which shows the bw starting the recording, then stopping the recording, then playing the recording... which shows...
Yeah, I get very similar - oh well.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon May 12, 2008 09:05

Dave? wrote:...
I did manage to record 1 minute of live tv (plus photograph and video the shrinking/fading screen). The recording is interesting. It shows a recording of playing the recording as it is recording... :shock:

Does it contain any cats? If it does, you could post it here: http://www.infinitecat.com/infinite/cat1.html
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon May 12, 2008 22:40

prl wrote:
Dave? wrote:...

Does it contain any cats? If it does, you could post it here: http://www.infinitecat.com/infinite/cat1.html
LOL I could patch the firmware with a cat themed background :lol:
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

alwayslooking
Master

Post by alwayslooking » Tue May 13, 2008 09:21

prl wrote: Does it contain any cats? If it does, you could post it here: http://www.infinitecat.com/infinite/cat1.html
Now I know why you program in purrl!

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”