Wiz-DR - wishlist

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

smeg888
Master

Wiz-DR - wishlist

Post by smeg888 » Wed May 07, 2008 15:27

I've been fiddling a bit with the WizDR software and the E1 over the last couple of weeks. As has been posted elsewhere there is a problem with the WD/E1 in that it doesn't store the aspect ratio of the file in the file "header". This means that any software or hardware that plays the recorded file uses the native aspect ratio of 720:576 or 5:4, hence the severe squishing of 16:9 programs.

In my trials I used a few other capture devices and attempted to use their driver software with the E1 in place of WizDr, unfortunately, even though the other sofware recognises that the E1 is there, they won't capture the program stream.

Anyway, getting to the point, in using the other software it became apparent that they had features that need to be included in the WizDR software -

- aspect ratio

- some device for setting an end time for the recording, with the 2 I looked at they both allowed you to specify a recording duration. With the Wiz you need to remember to come back and stop it.

- ability to start a recording when in stream preview mode.

I'd assume none of this would be that difficult, but interested to hear.

If I could get this sorted then I'd almost have my perfect recording and playback world with the file play capabilities of the new May BW firmware.

regards

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Wiz-DR - wishlist

Post by IanSav » Wed May 07, 2008 18:05

Hi Smeg888,
smeg888 wrote:- aspect ratio
There is hope that this may be fixed during work for the next version of the Beyonwiz PVR firmware. The fix is partially done but requires some toolkit changes from the chip set manufacturers.
smeg888 wrote:- some device for setting an end time for the recording, with the 2 I looked at they both allowed you to specify a recording duration. With the Wiz you need to remember to come back and stop it.
In the WizDR program interface the "STOP TIME" is editable and you can set a time period to trigger an automatic stop of recording.
smeg888 wrote:If I could get this sorted then I'd almost have my perfect recording and playback world with the file play capabilities of the new May BW firmware.
Feedback like this is considered. Hopefully improvements will be made in future updates.

Regards,
Ian.

smeg888
Master

Re: Wiz-DR - wishlist

Post by smeg888 » Thu May 08, 2008 09:46

IanSav wrote:Hi Smeg888,
smeg888 wrote:- aspect ratio
There is hope that this may be fixed during work for the next version of the Beyonwiz PVR firmware. The fix is partially done but requires some toolkit changes from the chip set manufacturers.
smeg888 wrote:- some device for setting an end time for the recording, with the 2 I looked at they both allowed you to specify a recording duration. With the Wiz you need to remember to come back and stop it.
In the WizDR program interface the "STOP TIME" is editable and you can set a time period to trigger an automatic stop of recording.
smeg888 wrote:If I could get this sorted then I'd almost have my perfect recording and playback world with the file play capabilities of the new May BW firmware.
Feedback like this is considered. Hopefully improvements will be made in future updates.

Regards,
Ian.
Ian,

Thanks for the response.

Firstly let me say, I'm an idiot, don't how I didn't notice that the white STOP field was editable, anyway, I didn't, but great to see that problem was solved easily.

However, as far as the aspect ratio problem is concerned I wonder if there are two solutions here, one for the E1 into the BW and the other with the E1 in to a PC via WizDR. Based on my usage with other PC capture devices, where you specify an aspect ratio I'm wondering if the solution for the E1-PC is as simple as providing an input field in the application and storing this in the recorded file.

With the E1-BW would seem to be a lot more tricky, not sure how it would figure out what the aspect ratio is of a 720:576 stream. Unless of course one of the record selection options was aspect ration.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Thanks for all your efforts

regards

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”