WizDR

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Gully

WizDR

Post by Gully » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:13

I haven't downloaded it seeing as I don't have a LiDiC but I just spotted WizDR on the BeyonWiz Korean site downloads (under Source Code).
WizDR Source Code: WizDR is a PC software to connect PC and your LiDiC for Windows XP.
contents: License file, WizDR main program v1.0, WizDR dirver, WizDR source
Cheers
Gully

smeg888
Master

Re: WizDR

Post by smeg888 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 13:55

Gully wrote:I haven't downloaded it seeing as I don't have a LiDiC but I just spotted WizDR on the BeyonWiz Korean site downloads (under Source Code).
WizDR Source Code: WizDR is a PC software to connect PC and your LiDiC for Windows XP.
contents: License file, WizDR main program v1.0, WizDR dirver, WizDR source

mmmmmm, interesting.

Downloaded, installed it and got it running.

The WizDR converts the E1 in to a PC video capture device.

On the plus side -
  • - it works ok, and the picture quality is far better than when the E1 is used on the BW, actually better than my PC capture card.
    - I can play the files on a PC with Media Player Classic
On the not so good side -
  • - the recorded files only play video on the BW, there is no sound
    - when played on the BW the video (without sound) is displayed as 4:3
    - I could only get Media Player Classic and WMP to play the files video and audio. None of my other media players worked, either no audio or couldn't recognise the file format (DVBViewer)
    - With MPC you have to force fullscreen 16:9 otherwise it plays 4:3
    - With MPC forced 16:9 it still appears to lose a lttile at both sides.
    - With WMP it displays as 4:3
    - I have been unable to edit or convert the files to any other format, TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress does not recognise that the file has audio. I had this problem with E1 files recorded to the BW, but someone else, I think Netmask, was able to use TMPGEnc.
    - The interface is a bit clunky in that you can only preview or record, which means that you can't have it in preview mode and start a recording, which makes timing of the start point a bit hit and miss
In summary, slightly useful, I can now record things to my PC in one step and I can play them. However the format of the recorded file is very limiting, bordering on useless.

Bit of a pity really because the quality of the recording is better than my PC capture card.

Interested to see what others think???

regards

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Apr 23, 2008 14:36

What do you see for the file properties in Windows and also in Windows Media Player?

Might give an idea of format amd codecs, etc.
Cheers
Gully

smeg888
Master

Post by smeg888 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 16:53

Gully wrote:What do you see for the file properties in Windows and also in Windows Media Player?

WMP - Doesn't play audio and abends afier a minute or so.
Video size - 720 x 576
Aspect ratio - 5:4 !!!!!
Audio Codec - (blank)
Video Codec - ffdshow Video Decoder

Media Player Classic -
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x576 [Video]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 96Kbps [Audio]

Does that give any clues??

regards

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Wed Apr 23, 2008 20:00

smeg888 wrote:
Gully wrote:What do you see for the file properties in Windows and also in Windows Media Player?

Video size - 720 x 576
Audio Codec - (blank)

Media Player Classic -

regards
I haven't installed the new software on my PC but will do so in a few days - however the results you show ie aspect ratio 5:4 is exactly what I reported during my analysis back in February (I think) Your results are depressing as this seems to confirm my greatest fears that the problem (about aspect ratio) is part of the hardware design and so will not be able to be fixed without a circuit board and component change :( - not unless the design will allow for a firmware update like the Beyonwiz itself. Somehow I doubt it, maybe they should release the circuit diagram as well ? As far as fixing the problem "in post" not a problem TMPGenc Express handles the files and corrects the aspect ratio without a hitch but that won't help people who want to watch say a recording from Foxtel on the BW.

Re your sound on the BW I had no problems with sound or having TMPGenc Express recognising the sound. I do have FFDshow installed plus a myriad of other codecs left behind I suspect from countless trial versions of various MPEG editing packages long since the main program uninstalled!!! Maybe that's a clever way to obtain codecs?

Are you certain there was an active audio feed into the LiDiC?

TMPGenc reports LiDIC TS files as 'square pixels' and it needs to be changed to PAL 16:11 (PAL 16:9) to display correctly. This implies the designers of the LiDIC assumed a digital TV standard input, rather than an analog video signal typically PAL 12:11 (PAL 4:3) which are not square pixels. So it is a fundamental hardware design error that has occurred. A bit like the NASA cock up with metric and imperial a few years ago :roll:

We will just have to be patient I guess......
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

smeg888
Master

Post by smeg888 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 21:40

netmask wrote:
smeg888 wrote:

Video size - 720 x 576
Audio Codec - (blank)

Media Player Classic -

regards
I haven't installed the new software on my PC but will do so in a few days - however the results you show ie aspect ratio 5:4 is exactly what I reported during my analysis back in February (I think) Your results are depressing as this seems to confirm my greatest fears that the problem (about aspect ratio) is part of the hardware design and so will not be able to be fixed without a circuit board and component change :( - not unless the design will allow for a firmware update like the Beyonwiz itself. Somehow I doubt it, maybe they should release the circuit diagram as well ? As far as fixing the problem "in post" not a problem TMPGenc Express handles the files and corrects the aspect ratio without a hitch but that won't help people who want to watch say a recording from Foxtel on the BW.

Re your sound on the BW I had no problems with sound or having TMPGenc Express recognising the sound. I do have FFDshow installed plus a myriad of other codecs left behind I suspect from countless trial versions of various MPEG editing packages long since the main program uninstalled!!! Maybe that's a clever way to obtain codecs?

Are you certain there was an active audio feed into the LiDiC?

TMPGenc reports LiDIC TS files as 'square pixels' and it needs to be changed to PAL 16:11 (PAL 16:9) to display correctly. This implies the designers of the LiDIC assumed a digital TV standard input, rather than an analog video signal typically PAL 12:11 (PAL 4:3) which are not square pixels. So it is a fundamental hardware design error that has occurred. A bit like the NASA cock up with metric and imperial a few years ago :roll:

We will just have to be patient I guess......
Hi Netmask

Yep the file definitely had audio, in fact I had 4 test files. All of them played sound in Media Player Classic, for all of them TMPGenc gave the message "no audio track".

I've got FFDShow on the machine, so, like you say it's probably a lucky codec you've got on you're machine. I installed a few other media players trying get lucky, but to no avail so far. Will have another go tomorrow.

Bit of a pity really because the recorded files play well with media player classic, quality is so much better than when it recorded to the BW. Just not very useful if you can't edit them or play them back on the BW. And you've got to admit it's pretty nonsensical having a BW device that creates files that the BW can't play!!!

If you come up with any other ideas I look forward to hearing them.

regards

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Wed Apr 23, 2008 23:50

Try running it through TMPGenc and re encode it using the template DVD standard MPEG file (should be at the top of the Menu) or halfway down to MPEG file then click ok to go to the next page where you will have to set all the parameters, like MPEG Transport 25fps, 16:9, etc etc. However converting to DVD standard should allow the file to be played by any file player and over the network. As I've said not a task for mums and dads who just want to record Foxtel etc.... In fact I'm going to be quite busy this long weekend installing a couple of VHS machines for that demographic and trying to teach them how to program the ancient technology!!! They will be buying several Beyonwiz P1's eventually and only when the LiDiC situation is solved 100%
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

smeg888
Master

Post by smeg888 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:58

netmask wrote:Try running it through TMPGenc and re encode it using the template DVD standard MPEG file (should be at the top of the Menu) or halfway down to MPEG file then click ok to go to the next page where you will have to set all the parameters, like MPEG Transport 25fps, 16:9, etc etc. However converting to DVD standard should allow the file to be played by any file player and over the network. As I've said not a task for mums and dads who just want to record Foxtel etc.... In fact I'm going to be quite busy this long weekend installing a couple of VHS machines for that demographic and trying to teach them how to program the ancient technology!!! They will be buying several Beyonwiz P1's eventually and only when the LiDiC situation is solved 100%
Hi Netmask,
I did try setting all the parameters. The problem was that TMPGenc didn't recognise the audio track.

BUT - SUCCESS OF SORTS!!!!

I downloaded Elecard Converter Studio and it recognised the audio track and enabled conversion to MPEG with audio.

The converted file is playable on the BW and editable in VideoRedo.

The good news is that I can now record the programs, play them on the BW and edit them.

The bad news for the punters is that Elecard is $191.76 (currently disconted from $240).

Not sure if it's a wise investment. I guess one way to look at it is if I don't spend the money I may as well throw away the $250 I spent on the E1.

Thrilled if someone can come up with a cheaper solution.

regards

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:38

Try downloading Ulead VideoStudio 11 trial version it loads in a whole gaggle of codecs - the program itself is C*** IMO but the installed codecs just might help. I'm not sure what TMPgenc uses as I get a message if I want to use FFDShow or not so it may look at what is installed..

In TMPCGenc Express you should have at least these codecs installed

'- DivXDec.ax
'- DivXEnc.ax
'- DivXMux.ax
'- mcaacenc.ax
'- mch264ve.ax
'- mch264vout.dll
'- mcm4ve.ax 434
'- mcmp4mux.ax 462

In Ulead you will have

'- HttpURLConnection.dll
'- Isdbginst.jce
'- u32usc.cdc
'- uldsmpeg.ax
'- ulDVDAudio.ax
'- ulDVDVideo.ax
'- uleampeg.ax
'- ulesmpeg.ax
'- ulIEEEPushSource.ax
'- ulMDMgr.dll
'- ulmp3acm.acm
'- ulmp3acm.xml
'- ulmp4enc.ax
'- ulmxmpeg.ax
'- ulpcmpeg.ax
'- ulSDVideoEngine.dll
'- ulspmp4.ax
'- ulspmpeg.ax
'- ulSubpicPushSource.ax
'- ulvdmp4.ax
'- uvAC3Enc.dll
'- uvsc.dll

Good luck - if I find a freebie program I will post details but also check out http://www.rita.lt/ - you just might find something that works....
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

grunta
Master

Post by grunta » Thu Apr 24, 2008 22:02

combined community codec pack

have you tried this ?

Netmask ..... I'm surprised you still have the unit, given you think it may be hardware related (failings)
Grunta
DP-S1 firmware .301

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Thu Apr 24, 2008 22:33

It's actually my second unit - the first was electrically faulty I believe. I can handle the incorrect aspect ratio in post production so to speak as I don't have Foxtel or any live service that I would use it for. My main use is transferring a huge collection of family and other VHS tapes - it's convenient to use the Beyonwiz as a temporary store rather than tie up my PC. I don't actually have any codec problems but others don't seem to be able to get either FFDShow or TMPGenc to recognise the audio. So yes I believe the problem is in the fundamental design parameters of the presumably Linux codec on-board. I just wish someone from Korea would publicly acknowledge there is a problem and there is a timeline established to fix it otherwise I supect it will be quietly withdrawn from sale. It's a great pity as potentially it is a good idea in extending the functionality of the Beyonwiz.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

smeg888
Master

Post by smeg888 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:02

grunta wrote:combined community codec pack

have you tried this ?

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:19

smeg888 wrote:

have you tried this ?

I would suggest you make a restore point before installing this program as it asks you to uninstall all other codecs - I am very wary of programs that do this and prefer programs that simply add to the pool of codecs. You can safely install the latest update of ffdshow on the other hand.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

smeg888
Master

Post by smeg888 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:12

netmask wrote:
smeg888 wrote:

have you tried this ?

I would suggest you make a restore point before installing this program as it asks you to uninstall all other codecs - I am very wary of programs that do this and prefer programs that simply add to the pool of codecs. You can safely install the latest update of ffdshow on the other hand.
Funny you should say that. As I was installing it I thought, "hmmm, I should have established a restore point before I did this". As you can guess, this means I didn't!. Anyway, it didn't seem to stuff anything that I have seen, yet.

But the good news - SUCCESS.

I installed the CCCP and both TMPGenc and Super now recognise Audio and Video on the Wizdr files.

I can reencode the files using both Super and TMP into MPEG II with MPEG audio. The reencoded files play nicely on the PC as 16:9 with Windows media Player Classic, however WMP still sees them as 4:3??

The BW sees these reencoded files via the network and will play them, but starts to get in to trouble if you fast forward or jump +-10%.

However, if you remux the files as .ts using VideoRedo the files play on most things on a PC and seem to work perfectly on the BW.

So far I have only tried this with a 5 minute file, because there was a lot of reencoding and remuxing as you can imagine. I will now try a half hour file with TMPG and VideoRedo and see how ti goes.

As I type this it does dawn on me that there's a lot of stuffing around to get a 1 hour program from the IQ - 1 hour to get it to the PC and 20min reencode and 15 mins remux.

Anyway, with a lot of fiddling I can now make it work.

Thanks for your help and suggestions guys.

regards

grunta
Master

Post by grunta » Fri Apr 25, 2008 13:12

@netmask :mrgreen:
Grunta
DP-S1 firmware .301

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sat Apr 26, 2008 01:06

netmask wrote:Your results are depressing as this seems to confirm my greatest fears that the problem (about aspect ratio) is part of the hardware design and so will not be able to be fixed without a circuit board and component change :( - not unless the design will allow for a firmware update like the Beyonwiz itself. Somehow I doubt it,
Thankfully you are incorrect. The LiDiC is firmware upgradable, and the firmware updates will be included in the PVR's firmware. The LiDiC's firmware is somehow updated when the PVR's firmware is updated (I'm not sure of the exact specifics on how)
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 26, 2008 07:47

Dave? wrote:
netmask wrote:Your results are depressing as this seems to confirm my greatest fears that the problem (about aspect ratio) is part of the hardware design and so will not be able to be fixed without a circuit board and component change :( - not unless the design will allow for a firmware update like the Beyonwiz itself. Somehow I doubt it,
Thankfully you are incorrect. The LiDiC is firmware upgradable, and the firmware updates will be included in the PVR's firmware. The LiDiC's firmware is somehow updated when the PVR's firmware is updated (I'm not sure of the exact specifics on how)
I think that the LiDiC firmware is contained in the main firmware package and sits in the running BW at /flash/wizdvp/lidic. The files are ql201baudfw.bin, qlusb.ko, ql201bvidfw.bin and qlusbfwb_im.bin. I think the .bin files are downloaded into the LiDiC, and the .ko file is a kernel module that provides the low-level PVR-side interface.

The main chip in the LiDiC appears to be a Qpixel QL210b.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Apr 26, 2008 08:24

Excellent news - just hope they push on as quickly as possible to fix the current problem. :)
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

grunta
Master

Post by grunta » Sat Apr 26, 2008 17:49

prl wrote:
Dave? wrote:
I think that the LiDiC firmware is contained in the main firmware package and sits in the running BW at /flash/wizdvp/lidic. The files are ql201baudfw.bin, qlusb.ko, ql201bvidfw.bin and qlusbfwb_im.bin. I think the .bin files are downloaded into the LiDiC, and the .ko file is a kernel module that provides the low-level PVR-side interface.

The main chip in the LiDiC appears to be a Qpixel QL210b.
does this waste any of the available memory of the Pvr ? ....... as the majority of users won't have a LiDic, and would want every once of memory they can get
Last edited by grunta on Sat Apr 26, 2008 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Grunta
DP-S1 firmware .301

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 26, 2008 18:20

grunta wrote:...
does this waste any of the available memory of the Pvr ? ....... as the majority of users won't have a LiDiC, and would want every once of memory they can get
It uses 600kB of the 7872kB available for firmware in the flash.

There will also presumably be code in the main BW aplication, wizdvp, to run the LiDiC interface.

Apart from that, the only part of the LiDiC firmware that should occupy main memory is the kernel module, which is 6906 bytes. The rest will sit in the LiDiC's memory.

However, unless there's BW functionality that LiDiC users want to trade for the space their firmware uses, the size of the rest of the firmware will need to be small enough to accommodate the LiDiC firmware anyway.

There's about 37kB of flash spare in the latest beta. It's getting a bit tight in there, folks!
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”