LiDiC Lock Out

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

netmask
Wizard

LiDiC Lock Out

Post by netmask » Wed Jan 30, 2008 16:47

Another bug to go on the list.

After successfully recording a 3 hour tape when you immediately attempt to record another tape the screen remains black - also the left hand blue led is off. The only way to restore function is to disable LiDiC in setup switch off the BW including at the power point, turn back on restore LiDiC and then go to standby and then switch on again. Maybe it's a firmware bug with the recent extension to recognise the LiDiC or possibly in the unit itself. On my USB Dvico MPEG encoder it has a reset button in case of problems.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

DaveR
Wizard

Re: LiDiC Lock Out

Post by DaveR » Thu Jan 31, 2008 23:13

netmask wrote:After successfully recording a 3 hour tape when you immediately attempt to record another tape the screen remains black - also the left hand blue led is off. The only way to restore function is to disable LiDiC in setup switch off the BW including at the power point, turn back on restore LiDiC and then go to standby and then switch on again. Maybe it's a firmware bug with the recent extension to recognise the LiDiC or possibly in the unit itself.
What do mean by 'the left hand blue light goes off'? I've never seen anything but both left and right lights on.

Can you repeat it with much shorter recordings? How were you recording? Timers? Manual? Were both recordings using the same input source? (i.e. same channel on foxtel, vcr etc?) I need more info so I can see if I can reproduce it here.

Did you try just removing the lidic's usb cable? Or rebooting the bw?

I've only heard of one faulty lidic - it faded to a black screen after a while.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri Feb 01, 2008 06:13

Dave? wrote:
netmask wrote:After successfully recording a 3 hour tape when you immediately attempt to record another tape the screen remains black - also the left hand blue led is off. The only way to restore function is to disable LiDiC in setup switch off the BW including at the power point, turn back on restore LiDiC and then go to standby and then switch on again. Maybe it's a firmware bug with the recent extension to recognise the LiDiC or possibly in the unit itself.
What do mean by 'the left hand blue light goes off'? I've never seen anything but both left and right lights on.

Can you repeat it with much shorter recordings? How were you recording? Timers? Manual? Were both recordings using the same input source? (i.e. same channel on
foxtel, vcr etc?) I need more info so I can see if I can reproduce it here.

Did you try just removing the lidic's usb cable? Or rebooting the bw?

I've only heard of one faulty lidic - it faded to a black screen after a while.

Changing leads doesn't alter the situation nor does rebooting the BW.
The moment you select either LiDiC 1 or 2 as an input the respective Led goes off, normally it should flash.

You cannot see the VCR signal just a black screen (this is before you attempt to record anything, short or long) If you select the output analog connections going to the LCD then you can see that the pass-thru is working and one can see the VCR output.
Notwithstanding the black screen if you record for awhile you end up with a no video, no audio recording.

I have tried every combo from reinstalling the BW firmware, changed all the RCA leads, the USB connection. Power point off etc. I have returned the LiDiC unit to Bing Lee.

Heat could not be a problem as the unit was sitting on a coffee table adjacent to the BW in an air-conditioned room.

So summing up when the LiDiC is connected to the BW both LEDS are on as normal.
When you select either LiDIC 1 or 2 via either the numerical pad viz 950 or 951 or via the Guide the LED associated with that input goes off and remains off whilst the non selected LED remains on.

Prior to this phenomena when you selected an input the LED would go off and then start flashing in the presence of a video signal.

I suspect something has failed in the LiDiC - maybe a clamping voltage?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sat Feb 02, 2008 13:40

netmask wrote:I have returned the LiDiC unit to Bing Lee.

Yep, sounds like a faulty unit to me. Pity you returned it instead of exchanging it because then we'd know for certain if it was faulty.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sat Feb 02, 2008 20:16

Dave? wrote:
netmask wrote:I have returned the LiDiC unit to Bing Lee.

Yep, sounds like a faulty unit to me. Pity you returned it instead of exchanging it because then we'd know for certain if it was faulty.
I returned it to Bing Lee.....(for an exchange) words should have been added. So in due course it will be returned to base?

Haven't had time to set up my VHS again etc but probably get around to it on Sunday and see how this unit performs... maybe I should wait for the new firmware for the BW?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

oneword
Apprentice

Post by oneword » Mon Feb 18, 2008 13:46

I too have noticed this sort of eratic behaviour with the LiDic. The box seems to 'freeze' the DP-P1 which of course knocks over the LiDic. Sometimes the 'active' input light will stay illuminated even when you switch to the second LiDic input/channel. I have seen them both on at the same time, as well as the wrong light illuminated. The freeze seems to occur more often when making quick channel changes between FTA and the two LiDic channels. I have been able to restore both units by simply switching off the P1 using the front power button. I'm thinking the LiDic and the way it interfaces with the P1 is still very clunky and that there's a lot of work to be done to make it a truely seemless partnership.

Return to “AP-E1 LiDiC”