Adjusting recording time.

Frequently Asked Questions and How To topics for new users.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

barrel
Apprentice

Adjusting recording time.

Post by barrel » Tue May 26, 2009 10:36

If I have preset a program to record, either using the EPG or the IceTv guide and the program starts late, how can I extend the recording time.

Example: I had preset using the EPG on my DP-S1 to record a movie after the football last Friday night. I have already set the soft padding to record an extra 15 mins. The football didn't finish until 20 minutes after it's advertised time. The recording had already started and I wanted to the recording time an extra few minute to ensure i didn't miss the end of the movie.

I tried to go into timer but I cannot change a timer recording once it has started.

A similar problem with quick recording.

If I press to record while watching a program it asks how long to record for. If I find later that I want to extend that time how do i do it?

Baz

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:39

popup-recording information.
another couple of tricks:
rec-rec will start recording the current channel
rec-stop will stop recording the current show
shame rec-rec on an already recording channel doesn't bring up an edit option....
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Re: Adjusting recording time.

Post by prl » Tue May 26, 2009 10:43

barrel wrote:If I have preset a program to record, either using the EPG or the IceTv guide and the program starts late, how can I extend the recording time.

Example: I had preset using the EPG on my DP-S1 to record a movie after the football last Friday night. I have already set the soft padding to record an extra 15 mins. The football didn't finish until 20 minutes after it's advertised time. The recording had already started and I wanted to the recording time an extra few minute to ensure i didn't miss the end of the movie.

I tried to go into timer but I cannot change a timer recording once it has started.

A similar problem with quick recording.

If I press to record while watching a program it asks how long to record for. If I find later that I want to extend that time how do i do it?

Baz
Press MENU and select Recording Information, select the recording you want to change (if there's more than one) with UP/DOWN, and change the duration of the recording with LEFT/RIGHT.

It's in the manual, section 3-3(4), "Change Recording Options while Recording".
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “FAQs and Tips”