DP-P2 Boot error

Frequently Asked Questions and How To topics for new users.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

djbradshaw
On probation

DP-P2 Boot error

Post by djbradshaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:08

Hi, I have a DP-P2 unit that is now about 8 years old and just recently when it is powered on I get no display on the monitor connected with an HDMI cable. The display on the front of the Beyonwiz always goes to "Search Services" menu and no buttons seem to alter that display. I have also connected to a TV via composite cable in case the HDMI output has either changed in the setup or is faulty. No video can be seen on that either.
Has anyone had a similar issue? If not are there any ideas that can be shared to get around this issue. I am unable to supply a firmware revision as I cannot access the menu. I think the last update was about 4 years ago and has not changed since. I have a 1Tb Seagate HDD installed.

Thanks, David

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: DP-P2 Boot error

Post by MrQuade » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:29

"Search Services" sounds a little like an initial setup Wizard that is prompting for you to scan for channels. Which probably means the config has been lost.
I'd be guessing that the old girl has had a fairly critical hardware failure which has reset her to factory defaults and is also preventing any video output.
I think that a repair or replacement are your two options here.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “FAQs and Tips”