Record button doing strange things....

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

pcollingwood
Apprentice

Record button doing strange things....

Post by pcollingwood » Mon Nov 12, 2012 05:45

Well, one strange thing:
Pressing it while watching a program brings up the normal menu, and seems to work fine, but...

Pressing it in the epg does nothing at all. It used to mark a program for recording but not now.

I have looked through all the menu items to see if there is something I/wife/kids have unchecked something but there is nothing obvious.

Firmware version 350.

Pete

IanB
Wizard

Post by IanB » Mon Nov 12, 2012 06:43

The EPG code can get itself into some sort of internal knot.

Swapping views (red button) can sometimes clear the problem. But a power cycle/reboot is a wise choice when the firmware gets itself knotted like this.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29

Hi Pete,

Alternatively can you check what the setting is for the SETUP > Misc. > PVR > EPG Action option. This controls how some of the buttons work in the EPG view. I didn't think the setting this to "Set Timer" so that OK controls timer setting would turn off the REC, PLAY and STOP buttons but I haven't checked this out in a very long time.

EDIT: I just checked this out and setting "Set Timer" does *NOT* disable the other three recording control buttons. What happens if you restart your unit?

Regards,
Ian.

pcollingwood
Apprentice

Record...

Post by pcollingwood » Mon Nov 12, 2012 17:22

Re started the BW and now it works. To be fair, it is rarely turned off so this is not a great big deal!

Pete

Return to “Remote Controls”