Harmony Remote and Discrete ON/OFF - work for you?

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

download
Guru

Harmony Remote and Discrete ON/OFF - work for you?

Post by download » Fri Jan 14, 2011 09:26

I've got the P2. I've requested Logitech add the discrete power options and the now appear as PowerOn and PowerOff. I've assigned them to the BW.

Unfortunately they're pretty erratic, acting as Power Toggle still or not working at all.

Has anyone got these items working with their BW?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 09:58

I've used discrete power off on my Logitech 785 for a long time, and never had any problem with it, though only ever with non-P2 models.

Is there actually a discrete PowerOn for the P2s? As far as I know there isn't one for the non-P2s. Could what Logitech has called PowerOn be sending the PowerToggle code?

It's a real pain with Logitech that there's no way, as far as I know, for the user to enter their own hex codes, nor any way to check what hex codes Logitech has assigned to function names.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

download
Guru

Post by download » Fri Jan 14, 2011 13:40

Thanks,

Yes I was suspicious that the tech may have simply assigned the PowerOn and PowerOff entries and either or both could simply be a remapped PowerToggle. Causing more confusion than Power Toggle alone.

Do you have any thoughts on the power on and other delay settings?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 14:42

download wrote:Thanks,

Yes I was suspicious that the tech may have simply assigned the PowerOn and PowerOff entries and either or both could simply be a remapped PowerToggle. Causing more confusion than Power Toggle alone.

Do you have any thoughts on the power on and other delay settings?

Regards

Peter Gillespie
IIRC, the default delays were OK for the Beyonwiz, except, perhaps, power-on. I've had more problems with the default delays for other gear, especially the TV's input selection. I can post my Beyonwiz delay setup later this evening, if you like.

You may also want to set up power-up and power-down sequences that take into account the possibility of the "Stop all recordings: Yes/No/Later" popup as discussed here.

You can test out the exact effects of the PowerOn and PowerOff commands on the Harmony by going to the Device menu and selecting the P2 device (at least that's a good way to do it on the 785). Then you can see whether, for example, PowerOn also switches the P2 off if it's already running, and so on, without having other distractions, and without the rigmarole of reprogramming the Harmony.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 06:43

I appear to have the default delays set for the Beyonwizes on the 785:
Power on 1500 ms
Inter-key 100 ms
Inter-device 500 ms