Harmony Tips?

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

download
Guru

Harmony Tips?

Post by download » Sun Dec 19, 2010 18:51

Hi,

Just bought a Harmony 900. Wondering if there were any quick tips / threads members might have on initial setup, etc. with a P1.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

schaafa

Post by schaafa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 13:00

I have a P1 and Harmony 785 - I simply used the Logitech software to set the device up. I have two TV viewing modes - one through the PVR and one direct, in case you want to watch a channel while you are recording two others.

Cheers, Arno

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 14:19

I only just noticed this topic.

To get the Logitech activities and power off playing nicely with the Beyonwiz's need to turn itself on for recordings and to want to keep recording when you power it off, have a look at Optimal Power Settings for Harmony Remotes.

You may also want to get Harmony to add the Beyonwiz discrete power off code to your Beyonwiz device database. I don't know why it's not in the common Beyonwiz code database.

Other than that, it's mainly about working out a good allocation of the soft buttons to soft button screens, putting the most frequently used functions on screen 1 (the startup screen). If you can keep the number of screens to be no more than three, that's convenient, because then you can go from one screen to another with just one button press.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Remote Controls”