Turning S1 Off and On using Harmony One

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

trevsy
Master

Turning S1 Off and On using Harmony One

Post by trevsy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 07:33

I have the Harmony one and cant seem to get it to learn the on/off command from the original remote, it says it has learnt it but doesnt work when testing it. Is their some sort of fix for this or is it just something that doesnt work.

Procat
Apprentice

Post by Procat » Thu Dec 24, 2009 08:04

Unable to assist you to resolve the issue but the command works with mine.

Chuckles
Master

Post by Chuckles » Thu Dec 24, 2009 21:36

Works fine with mine as well.

The BeyonWiz is already in the Harmony database, so I'm not sure why you're teaching via the IR facility, however...

I originally taught a Harmony 555 via IR back before the BeyonWiz was in the database. When teaching the commands, give only a short tap on the button on the BeyonWiz remote (i.e. don't hold the power button down for any length of time) - this ensures the Harmony "learns" a single command and not a repeating sequence (they are pretty good at recognising a repeating sequence and shortening it to a single command, but not always). (Oh - and also ensure the BW remote is in STB mode, not TV mode (i.e. the STB button is lighting up when you press other buttons, not the TV button).

Also, the following sequences work very well (as discussed in a much earlier thread somewhere on this board)...
  • For "ON", use the sequence "ON" and "CANCEL" - then, if the BW is already powered on and recording something (e.g. due to a timer) the CANCEL will cancel the dialog asking whether you want to turn off now or later, thus ensuring your ON doesn't turn into an inadvertent OFF.
  • For "OFF", use the sequence "OFF" and "OK" - if a recording is running, the OK will accept the default on the dialog which appears (i.e. telling the BW to turn off later when the recording is finished). Note that there is a discrete power-off command which the Harmony knows about from the database.

trevsy
Master

Post by trevsy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 06:58

Thanks for the responses when I got the H1 i didnt update the S1 as it now is on the harmony data base (thanks chuckles) so all is working fine cheers.

Return to “Remote Controls”