Harmony 650 equivalent keys to control T2

Remote Control questions, tips and TV Codes.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

raj
Master

Harmony 650 equivalent keys to control T2

Post by raj » Wed Sep 29, 2021 15:04

G'day,

Hope it is OK to post this here.

I have a Harmony 650 to control a T2. Everything working smoothly, except for the T2 power key.

I can get the screen to display some additional functions, however cannot replicate the holding down of the power key to give me the options to shut down, reboot the GUI, etc.

Could some kind soul let me know what to do to get those options?

Thanks.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Harmony 650 equivalent keys to control T2

Post by MrQuade » Wed Sep 29, 2021 17:03

raj wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 15:04
Could some kind soul let me know what to do to get those options?
You need to map the POWERTOGGLE function to a button on the remote, or to the LCD screen.

As you have discovered, you can't use the 650's dedicated POWER button, because that is a special function "Activity off" button that triggers macro sequences.

Remember too that many of those power options on the T2's power screen also have discrete commands on the Harmony remotes.
ie. you can select if you want to send a "standby" or "shutdown" command from your T2 without having to go into the menu.

(The other options such as the "power timers" would still need to be accessed via the LONG-POWER button press).
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Sep 29, 2021 18:05

MrQuade wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 17:03
(The other options such as the "power timers" would still need to be accessed via the LONG-POWER button press).

Power Timers can be accessed via the SLEEP button, which can be added to the 650's LCD screen (or assigned to a button).
Reboot and Restart GUI would need to accessed as you describe (assuming the Wiz's default assignment of "Action on long POWER" as "Show shutdown menu".

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Sep 29, 2021 23:02

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 18:05
MrQuade wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 17:03

Power Timers can be accessed via the SLEEP button, which can be added to the 650's LCD screen (or assigned to a button).
Reboot and Restart GUI would need to accessed as you describe (assuming the Wiz's default assignment of "Action on long POWER" as "Show shutdown menu".

Note that selecting Shutdown from the Sleep (or long POWER) screen does something different from having Shutdown immediately selected as the action on the POWER button (for long or short presses). They differ in how they handle a shutdown when there is a recording running.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Remote Controls”