Connecting Foxtel to DP-P2

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

rdurie
Apprentice

Connecting Foxtel to DP-P2

Post by rdurie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 17:45

I am embarrassed to say that after using these sorts of devices for about 10 years, I am stumped in setting up my new TV. I can't get foxtel to show on the TV either direct or through the beyonwiz. The devices concerned are:

+ Sanyo LCD tv with 3 HDMI inputs, one component and one composite
+ DP-D2
+ Foxtel IQ satellite box with scart to component and S-video outputs.

I connected the foxtel box to the new TV using scart to component, but I made the fatal error of not switching from s-video out to component out on the IQ before I disconnected the old TV. I have connected the fox to the beyonwiz using s-video so I can switch the output signal, but i cannot for the life of me get the foxtel to display on the TV.

Any help will be gratefully received! In particular, I find the instructions in the manual for using the av by pass on the beyonwiz totally inpenetrable. (That goes for anything in the DP-P2 manual - it is very difficult to understand - oh for the outstanding FAQs available for my now defunct toppy.)

Rob

PS anyone who wants my old toppy should contact me - it has a power supply problem so I reluctantly put to to one side.

rdurie
Apprentice

Problem solved

Post by rdurie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 17:55

My mind is clearly going - I finally remembered I am piping the fox to another room, so i changed the output setting there. Still interested in advice on the Av by-pass and in handing my old toppy on to a good home - its a masterpiece.

Henk
Apprentice

Re: Problem solved

Post by Henk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 04:28

rdurie wrote:anyone who wants my old toppy should contact me - it has a power supply problem so I reluctantly put to to one side
rdurie wrote:and in handing my old toppy on to a good home - its a masterpiece.
Rob,
PM Warkus with your Toppy MP power supply problem. He fixes Toppies as well, and gives them another lease of life.

I recently had one done, and it is as good as new!

Henk

V2 (512GB microSD card), recording to
QNAP NAS TS-453Be 16GB RAM 16TB Raid 6 QTS 4.5.4.1741 build 20210726

Return to “General Discussion”