Reconditioned T4 Longevity

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Sandy B
Master

Reconditioned T4 Longevity

Post by Sandy B » Sun Mar 10, 2024 15:02

I just received my T4 back from Nasa Electronics, and wish to thank them for the outstanding service. As I use a V2 as the workhorse, and only wish the use the T4 for HDMI recording, to ensure longevity of the T4, is there any difference between leaving it on stand-by or a complete power off.

Any advice/recommendation would be appreciated.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Reconditioned T4 Longevity

Post by peteru » Mon Mar 11, 2024 15:28

If the T4 has one heat sink spanning two voltage regulators of different heights and/or the factory original heat sink adhesive has not been completely removed, the a complete shut down, when not in use, is probably better.

If the T4 has no circuit board damage, all the gunk was cleaned off, the voltage regulators have been beefed up, the heat sinks have large enough heat dissipation capacity and they make good contact, then you can leave the T4 on/in standby all the time.

Either way, keep the T4 out of direct sunlight and in a well ventilated area. Leave plenty of room above and behind for the heat to dissipate and do not place the T4 on top of anything that would generate heat, such as an amp. Airflow is good, especially towards the left rear of the case.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Sandy B
Master

Post by Sandy B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11

Thanks for the advice, I think I will take Option 1 and leave it in a power off state.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:21

Sandy B wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11
Thanks for the advice, I think I will take Option 1 and leave it in a power off state.

That's what I do on out T4, but I do it to reduce power usage, not to try to affect its longevity. It does take longer to start than from standby, though.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Sandy B
Master

Post by Sandy B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 13:43

That's what I do on out T4, but I do it to reduce power usage, not to try to affect its longevity.
Can/will life exist without a T4?

OH THE HUMANITY!

Return to “General Discussion”