Do I have a V2 brick?

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

whatsaname
Apprentice

Do I have a V2 brick?

Post by whatsaname » Sat Jan 27, 2024 13:10

Hi guys,
Having problems with my V2.
In short, had a HHD fail 2 months ago which was stopping the wiz from booting up, switched it out for a new one - all good.
Then a week or two ago, it seemed to have another HHD failure which i thought was unlikely . When I unplugged the HDD the V2 booted correctly, with the HDD plugged in it wouldn't boot.
So playing around with it today to figure out what is going on and it wouldn't boot at all. Unplugged all cables except HDMI, and runs in a continuous boot loop - i.e. 'boot' is shown on the wiz, and TV flashes up the Beyonwiz logo every 15secs.
So, seems unlikely to be the HDD (can see the stored recordings on PC).
I figured I'd reinstall the firmware image. Grabbed 20211010 from this forum. Tried many times to boot into the recovery menu, (I know the correct process) and finally it did actually get to the menu (but when I had no USB devices plugged in). Plugged in the USB stick and reloaded firmware image successfully and restored settings. So far so good.
Plugged in antenna and machine booted correctly, showed channels etc. Powered it down to plug in USB antenna and Ethernet. Then wouldn't boot again.
After more playing around, It's seems everything is working but only when there are no USB's plugged in. As soon as I plug in my USB HDD or USB Antenna, the machine reboots. USB sticks don't seem to force it into reboot.
Any thoughts on the specifics of the problem here. USB driver, power supplies, something else??
Appreciate any feedback on this problem.
Cheers
Theo

garyvx
Apprentice

Re: Do I have a V2 brick?

Post by garyvx » Sun Jan 28, 2024 09:30

I'd try another external power supply.

Regards Gary

whatsaname
Apprentice

Re: Do I have a V2 brick?

Post by whatsaname » Sat Mar 02, 2024 15:13

Thanks for the suggestion Gary. Swapping out the power supply seems to have done the trick.

Return to “General Discussion”