Channel 9 disappeared, then v2 chaos:)

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Fandangles
Apprentice

Channel 9 disappeared, then v2 chaos:)

Post by Fandangles » Sun Sep 03, 2023 09:50

First SBS goes down regularly every evening lately and now Channel 9 has vanished, cannot get it back on the V2 by location scanning.

Then last night I had to unplug everything from the V2 (especially the power brick) to get it to properly reboot.

I did check that Channel 9 wasn't available at all by running a location scan using our 7 year old Hisense TV and it's definately gone and SBS was working on it. But, SBS was gone on it too last night so that's normal:):)

I tell you that living down here in Warrnambool, so many strange things happen. No Channel 31 (Expected), SBS keeps going missing and now 9. It feels like I am in the twilight zone.

Hmm, Fetch Mighty or Icebox..Decisions Decisions.

IanL-S
Master

Re: Channel 9 disappeared, then v2 chaos:)

Post by IanL-S » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:07

From what I can gather, getting a new PVR will not help. While acceptable signal strength varies between devices, what you are seeing suggests that the problem is not primarily with the devices.

Have you tried changing the coax cables between the wall plate and the devices. They can fail, or just become loose - that is why I prefer f-type coax connectors. It is possible that the mast-head amplifier has failed - I have had it happen; again there could be a loose connection. Even possible that the aerial itself has been damaged.

Ian
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

Fandangles
Apprentice

Re: Channel 9 disappeared, then v2 chaos:)

Post by Fandangles » Sun Sep 03, 2023 21:54

Have you tried changing the coax cables between the wall plate and the devices.
Many times. I have plenty of them. Cheap and loose or nice and tight.
It is possible that the mast-head amplifier has failed
Haven't got one and the signal is nice and strong on all other stations. Upon checking Down Detector and other sources, I can see that 9 has had a lot of issues lately.
Even possible that the aerial itself has been damaged.
Antenna is fine. It's a special design made to cope with multiple fat black birds who cannot possibly destroy them, unlike the traditional round tubing yagis I see everywhere in Warrnambool which are all missing elements (heeheheheh) or they are bent to buggery.

It's an advantage to being an Amateur as I always have cable, connectors and bits of aluminum all over the place.
Only thing holding me back is my crap eyesight (Sigh)

I was just whinging before Ian. Now I can devote more time to writing software and less to sitting on my ass watching the idiot box.

Return to “General Discussion”