Can you use Amazon Firestick 4K Max Pro with V2?

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

Can you use Amazon Firestick 4K Max Pro with V2?

Post by The Old Man » Fri Aug 11, 2023 13:53

I used to be able to control my Beyonwiz V2 with a Harmony 650 remote but Logitech gave up making remotes. I didn't use this all of the time just as a backup since we don't seem to be any more products coming for Beyonwiz.

If a Firestick 4K can't do this is there any other things that I should look at?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Can you use Amazon Firestick 4K Max Pro with V2?

Post by MrQuade » Fri Aug 11, 2023 14:41

I don't know what you are asking here.
Is the mention of the Harmony remote significant to the question? Not sure why you mentioned that.

The Firestick is a media streaming device which outputs an HDMI signal.
The V2 doesn't have a HDMI input for recording from a HDMI source device, so you can't use the V2 for recording media being output from the Firestick.

The Firestick is an android device and should be able to run the same sorts of apps as other Android boxes (I haven't used one, and I know there are some differences in what stores are available etc).

Therefore, you could use the V2 as a *source* of media for the Firestick.
The V2 can serve up its harddrive contents (recordings and such) over the network to your Firestick. The Firestick would need an appropriate media player like Kodi or VLC.
You can also set up your V2 to be a Live TV streaming device. Apps on Android like Plex can use the V2 as a TV backend server to stream and record Live TV. It essentially just treats your V2 like a tuner that is accessible over the network.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “General Discussion”