I used CEC settings on but don't turn off

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

I used CEC settings on but don't turn off

Post by The Old Man » Tue Jun 13, 2023 16:58

Th heading basically says it all. I press the on button on my V2 and both the TV and V2 are both on.

If I press the same button to turn both off the V2 goes but the TV remains on. Can the CEC settings do this or not as I have tried many combinations and still can't get to work?

Is this at all possible?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: I used CEC settings on but don't turn off

Post by MrQuade » Tue Jun 13, 2023 17:55

If you do a search for "V2 CEC" in the forum, you will find a number of threads with the same issue you are experiencing.

I don't think CEC is all that functional on the V2. Even on the T series it took a backwind and your tongue in the right spot for it to work properly.
The V2 uses a radically different chipset to the other T (and even U) series boxes, and those sorts of low level HDMI features often behave differently between models.

Also, it's possible that it's not actually CEC turning the TV on, rather the TV just detecting the input being active, and responding. That's to say, that CEC might not actually be working at all for you atm.

It's a shame that CEC is such a poorly defined standard and manufacturers often release partially incompatible variants.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

dRdoS7
Wizard

Re: I used CEC settings on but don't turn off

Post by dRdoS7 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 15:31

Hi,
MrQuade wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 17:55
If you do a search for "V2 CEC" in the forum, you will find a number of threads with the same issue you are experiencing.

I don't think CEC is all that functional on the V2. Even on the T series it took a backwind and your tongue in the right spot for it to work properly.
The V2 uses a radically different chipset to the other T (and even U) series boxes, and those sorts of low level HDMI features often behave differently between models.

Also, it's possible that it's not actually CEC turning the TV on, rather the TV just detecting the input being active, and responding. That's to say, that CEC might not actually be working at all for you atm.

It's a shame that CEC is such a poorly defined standard and manufacturers often release partially incompatible variants.
V2 & CEC works OK with my wife's Aldi TV. Couldn't get it work with the previous TV (can't remember the brand). When I first set it up I couldn't entice it work, than a few months later had another go, and it has been OK ever since.

Is CEC on the TV turned ON? (EDIT: Just reread the first post, and it appears you do have that ON).

dRdoS7
Last edited by dRdoS7 on Wed Jun 14, 2023 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”