Next beyonwiz V2?

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ezekiel
Apprentice

Next beyonwiz V2?

Post by ezekiel » Wed Jul 08, 2020 21:35

Hi all,

For the third time the T3 has given up the ghost and is stuck in booting mode. I've had the power supply caps replaced twice now so I'm on the look out for a smart box for my old plasma tv. I was looking at an android box but looking at the cost and the tv tuner maybe a V2 will do.

So a couple of questions for the community.

1) is there any news around the reliability of the v2. I'm not overly impressed with the need to repair the t3 as many times as I have had too.

2) does the beyonwiz app work for the v2

3) could I use the hard drive from the T3 and put it in the v2?
I don't need to watch the shows on it so ok to format just looking to lower the cost.

4) is the interface of the v2 similar to the T3?

5) I'm a little confused by the initial look of it, is it an android box running a enigma emulation or the other way around or something different again?

Thanks
Ezekiel
Ezekiel
Pioneer PDP-LX608A / Beyonwiz T3
Samsung UA40D6600
Samsung UA55H7000
Synology 916+
Asus RT-AC86-U

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Next beyonwiz V2?

Post by MrQuade » Wed Jul 08, 2020 23:29

ezekiel wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 21:35
1) is there any news around the reliability of the v2. I'm not overly impressed with the need to repair the t3 as many times as I have had too.
There is no internal supply or any moving parts in the V2, so it won't have any of the same types problems that the T3 had. No common failures have cropped up yet.

BTW, who repaired your T3? If it wasn't Warkus, then it is likely they didn't do a full all-components repair, which was always doomed to re-fail.
ezekiel wrote:
2) does the beyonwiz app work for the v2
Yep.
ezekiel wrote:
3) could I use the hard drive from the T3 and put it in the v2?
I don't need to watch the shows on it so ok to format just looking to lower the cost.
Not *in*. The V2 doesn't take internal harddrives. It is quite small, and doesn't have the connectors for it.

You could put the T3's harddisk in a USB enclosure and us it like that though.

The V2 will also accept a MicroSD card for a token amount of onboard storage if you want to go that way. I have a 128Gb card in mine and record to a network drive.
ezekiel wrote:
4) is the interface of the v2 similar to the T3?
Identical.
ezekiel wrote:
5) I'm a little confused by the initial look of it, is it an android box running a enigma emulation or the other way around or something different again?
Nope, it's just Linux running the enigma2 PVR software just like the T3. It uses a newer ARM based chipset though.

You are probably confused because it can also run Kodi. Kodi just runs as a plugin under the main Enigma2 application. Kodi isn't related to Android, other than it is also distributed as an Android app in addition to being a standalone application for PCs etc....
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “General Discussion”