on a U4 - HDMI Button and EPG Button Direct

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Dazzla_1
Master

on a U4 - HDMI Button and EPG Button Direct

Post by Dazzla_1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:02

Good Morning People On the Remote -- " EPG " button no longer opens the EPG Page direct
Instead, I have to go Menu> Setup> Programs> choose > EPG Terrestrial, out of 3 choices, from the Drop-down

Changing the default color of the background in the" EPG Terrestrial, Bouquet display" U4
the sizes of the 'Bouquet Panels' and the amounts of choices displayed on Each "Page'

Can you please detail what the "HDMI" Button on a U4 actually does and the correct way to use it, :) T, I, A, Dazzlar_1
Beyonwiz U4 - New Nov 2018 - F/ware beyonwiz-19.3 - beyonwiz - U4-2019 - 1106.
Re Flashed U4 -2019 - 1106 F/Ware Oct - 2020 -

SONY BRAVIA - KD-55 x 8500-B - 4K - Ultra HD, LCD, LED, Smart TV
ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: on a U4 - HDMI Button and EPG Button Direct

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:17

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:02
Good Morning People On the Remote -- " EPG " button no longer opens the EPG Page direct
Instead, I have to go Menu> Setup> Programs> choose > EPG Terrestrial, out of 3 choices, from the Drop-down
To get the EPG you could have also gone MENU->Program Guide
This opens the standard Graphical
EPG.
I'm not actually sure what "Menu> Setup> Programs>" is, there is no "Programs" in the Setup menu.

So what *DOES* happen when you press the EPG button? Does it just not do anything?

Also, what happens if you long-press the EPG button?
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Changing the default color of the background in the" EPG Terrestrial, Bouquet display" U4
the sizes of the 'Bouquet Panels' and the amounts of choices displayed on Each "Page'
Do you mean you gone a funny coloured guide after following the above procedure?
Not sure what you are saying here.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Can you please detail what the "HDMI" Button on a U4 actually does and the correct way to use it, :) T, I, A, Dazzlar_1
It zaps the live picture to the signal coming from the HDMI-IN input.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:42

Good to Hear from you MrQuade
MrQuade wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:17
Do you mean you gone a funny colored guide after following the above procedure?
Not sure what you are saying here.
The Background has gone to a Sickly Green color I don't know how I did it sorry I just wanted to change from the green to something else?

The Program S is Should have read Menu > Program ' S ' :)

So what *DOES* happen when you press the EPG button? Does it just not do anything?

That's correct it does nothing :|

Also, what happens if you long-press the EPG button? it opens a "Text" Program Page instead
It's all good thanks MrQuade I will sort it with what you have said here' Stay Well Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jun 18, 2020 15:07

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 13:42
The Background has gone to a Sickly Green color I don't know how I did it sorry I just wanted to change from the green to something else?
Still a little confused with this. There is no way to change the colour scheme on the standard skins. Are you running the OverlayHD skin?
Dazzla_1 wrote:
So do you mean "Program Guide"? I don't know what "Program 'S'" means either.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Also, what happens if you long-press the EPG button? it opens a "Text" Program Page instead
It's all good thanks MrQuade I will sort it with what you have said here' Stay Well Dazzla_1
Ok, that sounds like it is opening either the "Single EPG", or maybe the "Channel List" (The screen you get when you press FAV)?

The long-EPG button press is supposed to open a popup menu which lets you select from any of the EPG style, or it will also allow you to set which EPG is opened when you press short-RPG.

The fact that nothing happens with a short-EPG press but you get an instant action on long-EPG might suggest that either your button mapping has been corrupted somehow, or you might have a dicky EPG key.
The green EPG screen might also be a sign that some software corruption has ocurred.

Have you had any power failures recently?
Have you installed any other plugins or software?

Dazzla_1
Master

How do I recover a Post I was Editing Replying to

Post by Dazzla_1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:45

Morning MrQuade :? I just lost my reply as a Quote to your last? I just cannot get the hang of how this forum works, It's happened a lot before and you or prl told me there was a Recover your draft Button somewhere that in fact the BWiz Forum Saves Updates your stuff as you go I wonder if you can help can a Recover it :) Regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Re: How do I recover a Post I was Editing Replying to

Post by prl » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12

Dazzla_1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:45
[You] or prl told me there was a Recover your draft Button somewhere that in fact the BWiz Forum Saves Updates your stuff as you go I wonder if you can help can a Recover it :) Regards Dazzla_1

I don't think it was me, but it could have been. Anyway there's no single button to take you back to a draft.

I think that the only way to go back to a draft is to explicitly save a draft, using the Save draft button below the text entry box in the post composition page.

Once you've saved a draft, you can retrieve it by clicking on the user menu at the top of every page (a link with your username and a small downward-pointing triangle beside it) and selecting Manage draft. You'll then get a list of saved drafts, if you have any. The View/Edit link on the draft allows you to view and modify the draft as a draft. The Load link allows you to go back to composing and sending the post from the point where you clicked on Save draft.

It may be worth having a look in your user control panel to see if you have a saved draft, but you probably won't unless you've explicitly saved the draft.

The drafts thing is more for when you're halfway through a long post and have to do something else that may take time. You can save the draft and get back to it later.

[This post was saved as a draft part-way through just so I could check the process properly]
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 14:28

Thanks, prl thats ok' it was more likely me I will redraft and reply in a "Quote situation" to MrQuade Regards Dazzla_1 :D

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 15:15

MrQuade wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 15:07
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Still a little confused with this. There is no way to change the colour scheme on the standard skins. Are you running the OverlayHD skin? :) No Mate its the Original Skin
Dazzla_1 wrote:
So do you mean "Program Guide"? I don't know what "Program 'S'" means either. Thats correct Pro Guide
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Also, what happens if you long-press the EPG button?
Ok, that sounds like it is opening either the "Single EPG", or maybe the "Channel List" (The screen you get when you press FAV)?

Brings Up the TV Ch LCD List and can be scrolled through

The SHORT EPG is the station I'm on and Text lists all the program for that CH

The LONG EPG button brings up the popup menu and from the multi choices, I can (Do) Choose "Graphical EPG" and get in that way :)

The long-EPG button press is supposed to open a popup menu which lets you select from any of the EPG style, or it will also allow you to set which EPG is opened when you press short-EPG.

The fact that nothing happens with a short-EPG press but you get an instant action on long-EPG might suggest that either your button mapping has been corrupted somehow, or you might have a dicky EPG key.
The green EPG screen might also be a sign that some software corruption has ocurred.

Have you had any power failures recently? Yes We have at least 2 in the last 6 Months
Have you installed any other plugins or software? :roll: No would you believe I have not even connected to the net as of yet? I did Connect an ext USB cable to the REar Port as the front one is just about falling out Very loose since new, but I reversed back to the Front Port I was not happy with the Rear one
So MrQuade I shall Call un you again if I may? About the Method for Connecting my Logi harmony to BWiz U4 have you got any more advice about that I have your Last re the codes rather than worry about it now
Thanks Very Much for the Help and your time Mr Quade Regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Jun 19, 2020 15:51

You still need to work on your quote techique a little ;).
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 15:15
No Mate its the Original Skin
No idea how the colour could be different. Maybe a screenshot would help us here.
Dazzla_1 wrote:

The LONG EPG button brings up the popup menu and from the multi choices, I can (Do) Choose "Graphical EPG" and get in that way :)
Ok, so you have set up some different default settings then and that's easy to fix.

If you want a short-EPG press to take you to the Graphical EPG, then you need to do the following.
long-press EPG
You will see the popup menu and one of the entries there will let you select what EPG you get when you short-press the EPG button.

You can customise the INFO button in the same way btw.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Yes We have at least 2 in the last 6 Months
Power failures can result in settings corruption. Still hard to imagine how that would turn screens green, but anything is possible. 2 in the last 6 months isn't bad though, and unlikely to be the cause.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
:roll: No would you believe I have not even connected to the net as of yet? I did Connect an ext USB cable to the REar Port as the front one is just about falling out Very loose since new, but I reversed back to the Front Port I was not happy with the Rear one
Ok, so not a rogue plugin then.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
So MrQuade I shall Call un you again if I may? About the Method for Connecting my Logi harmony to BWiz U4 have you got any more advice about that I have your Last re the codes rather than worry about it now
Best keep any Harmony related questions in a thread dedicated to that question. Keep this thread focussed on the EPG issues.

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 14:38

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 15:51
You still need to work on your quote technique a little ;). :D Is this where I type when replying to a Quote Mate :)
:D Or is this the correct way? :)
Dazzla_1 wrote:
No Mate its the Original Skin
No idea how the colour could be different. Maybe a screenshot would help us here.

Okay' how do I do Screen Shot I'm Not on the NET Yet" if thats what you wanted May be easier until I get all the other Stuff out of my Head to live with it?? :)
Dazzla_1 wrote:

Ok, so you have set up some different default settings then and that's easy to fix.

If you want a short-EPG press to take you to the Graphical EPG, then you need to do the following.
long-press EPG
You will see the popup menu and one of the entries there will let you select what EPG you get when you short-press the EPG button.

You can customise the INFO button in the same way btw.
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Yes We have at least 2 in the last 6 Months
Power failures can result in settings corruption. Still hard to imagine how that would turn screens green, but anything is possible. 2 in the last 6 months isn't bad though, and unlikely to be the cause.
Yes' proberly somthig we can sort out
Dazzla_1 wrote:
:roll: No would you believe I have not even connected to the net as of yet? I did Connect an ext USB cable to the REar Port as the front one is just about falling out Very loose since new, but I reversed back to the Front Port I was not happy with the Rear one
Ok, so not a rogue plugin then.
No not that
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Best keep any Harmony related questions in a thread dedicated to that question. Keep this thread focussed on the EPG issues.
You can whistle that again MrQuade' I have just been over to your's and Gully's Posts in April 2016 Re the Setting up of 650 When you spoke of painting the color Keys did it work I can hardly see the "Colour Keys" on mine and its New :D until next time MrQuade Kindest regards Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Dazzla_1
Master

EPG Button Direct Colour change EPG

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05

Goodmorning Just a bit more on the Colours of EPG Terr >It's the Programs that have been on or are on at the Time that displays the Murky green but as I said I can live with it if it's a big deal or cannot be fixed. :)

Thanks Dazzla_1 :)

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Dazzla_1
Master

in Folder Directorie's I have lost my Trash Folder - folders with strange name's

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:11

Good morning :) I have noticed that In Directories I have lost my Trash Folder - I also have some folders with strange names? When trying to get to Menu > Recordings> Made, that I want to Transfer to USB.

It used to be Menu > Recordings > Movies / and that folder had the list of everything I had recorded on them,
but now it's

Scenario - 1 One

Menu > Recordings

Directories x 2

Folder Icon… ………………………………..

Movie

qwrte

Timeshift

No Trash folder
------------------------------------------------------
Scenario 2 – Two

Directories 4 Four
-> On the unnamed Folder Icon

Lost & Found

Movie

System Volume Info Folder

Timeshift

No Trash Folder
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's me who has made this mess when trying to Name ONE Main Directory that I could go to during the Initial set up :roll: Mr. Quade gave me a Screenshot of all these months ago so I will go back and check that out but the Trash Folder is an Issue if i accidently delete somthing I can come back and get it Very handy? :D - T, I, A, Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Re: in Folder Directorie's I have lost my Trash Folder - folders with strange name's

Post by prl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 18:53

I'm having wuite a bit of difficulty working out exactly what you've described. Screenshots of the media selection screen (MEDIA from live TV), or at least the path name of the directory that's displayed at the top right of the media selection screen that gives exactly the location of the folder you're looking at.

Also: please use the exact names shown on the screen. Case is significant in Linux filesystems. So, for example, "timeshift" not "Timeshift" for the system timeshift folder, and "lost+found" (a folder used by the file system checker), not "Lost & Found".
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:11
Whatever that was between the angle brackets, it didn't render on my browser.

As far as Trash folders goes, a disk drive can have up to two Trash folders. For the usual /media/hdd location of the internal HDD on a U4,
there can be a /media/hdd/,Trash, and a /media/hdd/movie/.Trash.

When you are viewing /media/hdd/movie/ in media selection screen, the Trash shown corresponds to /media/hdd/movie/.Trash.
When you are viewing /media/hdd/ in media selection screen, the Trash shown corresponds to /media/hdd/.Trash.

The Trash folder is not displayed when you view any other directories on /media/hdd, though the foldeer is still there.

When files r recordings are deleted from /media/hdd/movie/, or any other folder under that folder, the files are transferred to /media/hdd/movie/.Trash. If you delete files or recordings from anywhere else on /media/hdd/ te files are transferred into /media/hdd/.Trash.

I'm reluctant to try to guess exactly what directories you're looking at in those two scenarios.

Have you changed the setting in (from live TV) MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Root directory? It defaults to "/media".
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Dazzla_1
Master

Post by Dazzla_1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 09:57

Thanks, prl I will go apply apply some thought to that Cheers Dazzla_ :| 1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:15

:?: There were some requests for information in my post. When I have that information, I may be able to post something more helpful.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Dazzla_1
Master

Re: in Folder Directorie's I have lost my Trash Folder - folders with strange name's

Post by Dazzla_1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 14:32

prl wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 18:53
I'm having wuite a bit of difficulty working out exactly what you've described. Screenshots of the media selection screen (MEDIA from live TV), or at least the pathname of the directory that's displayed at the top right of the media selection screen that gives exactly the location of the folder you're looking at.

Also: please use the exact names shown on the screen. Case is significant in Linux filesystems. So, for example, "timeshift" not "Timeshift" for the system timeshift folder, and "lost+found" (a folder used by the file system checker), not "Lost & Found".
Dazzla_1 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:11
Whatever that was between the angle brackets, it didn't render on my browser.

As far as Trash folders goes, a disk drive can have up to two Trash folders. For the usual /media/hdd location of the internal HDD on a U4,
there can be a /media/hdd/,Trash, and a /media/hdd/movie/.Trash.

When you are viewing /media/hdd/movie/ in media selection screen, the Trash shown corresponds to /media/hdd/movie/.Trash.
When you are viewing /media/hdd/ in media selection screen, the Trash shown corresponds to /media/hdd/.Trash.

The Trash folder is not displayed when you view any other directories on /media/hdd, though the foldeer is still there.

When files r recordings are deleted from /media/hdd/movie/, or any other folder under that folder, the files are transferred to /media/hdd/movie/.Trash. If you delete files or recordings from anywhere else on /media/hdd/ te files are transferred into /media/hdd/.Trash.

I'm reluctant to try to guess exactly what directories you're looking at in those two scenarios.

:?: Have you changed the setting in (from live TV) MENU>Setup>TV>Recording settings>Root directory? It defaults to "/media".
:arrow: Hi, I apologise Peter too much haste? I did not even see this last informative Sentance in your last to me. I came back to Review it all and now I realiase what you meant by asking me for more Infomation to supply a more informed answer? I will have to Check out your question Late tonight and b back tomorrow Cheers prl Dazzla_1

ONKYO TX NR474 -5.1

Return to “General Discussion”