Accessing Internet through V2 WIFI Dongle

Discuss Beyonwiz related topics here if they don't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ezza
On probation

Accessing Internet through V2 WIFI Dongle

Post by ezza » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:27

I have just received my new V2, set it up, downloaded the firmware to the WIFI dongle, plugged the dongle into the V2, went through the setup steps in the menu, and according to the instructions everything is as should be with it showing that it is connected to my modem.
But I can't seem to access the internet.....what am I doing wrong....is there an App that I have to download, I just cannot figure it out.
I know it will be something simple, but it sure is annoying the bejesus out of me. Can someone please help. I have contacted Beyonwiz
through their tech support with the same issue Thursday June 11, and I have yet to receive a reply.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Accessing Internet through V2 WIFI Dongle

Post by MrQuade » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:31

What are you trying to access on the Internet?
Are you trying to log onto IceTV?

The V2 doesn't have a functional web browser at the moment for example, so you won't have that ability.
I think that Google have somewhat recently changed something on Youtube that is also causing the Youtube plugin on the V2 to stop working.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Re: Accessing Internet through V2 WIFI Dongle

Post by prl » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:43

Did you set the Encryption type and your WiFi access password when you set up the WiFi dongle?

And I don't really understand what you mean by "downloaded the firmware to the WIFI dongle," nor exactly what you're looking at when you say "everything is as should be with it showing that it is connected to my modem."
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Discussion”