No Results with Service Scan

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Guy Incognito
On probation

No Results with Service Scan

Post by Guy Incognito » Sun Apr 27, 2014 13:04

Hey all,

Had a DP-H1 for about three or four years now and it's been faultless, up until a few weeks ago.

All of a sudden no channels would work, as if there was no reception or something - tried to a do a service scan, but no channels were detected.

I was confident it was a problem at the DP-H1's end, rather than with my aerial/cables/whatever, so I updated the firmware, did a service scan and everything started working again, just like before. After turning on the H1 the next night to watch telly though, the same problem had occurred - no channels working, and service scan wouldn't pick up a thing. Tried a factory reset to no avail.

Just to be sure it was the H1, I swapped it out with another tuner, which worked perfectly, so there's nothing wrong with my cables/aerial or anything, the problem is definitely with the H1.

Any ideas what it could be? Every other aspect of the H1 works fine (I can access movies, etc on my PC through the network feature and so on), just no TV reception.

Could the ANT In plug on the back of the H1 be faulty?

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: No Results with Service Scan

Post by IanSav » Sun Apr 27, 2014 13:20

Hi Guy Incognito,

Welcome!

Given the age of the DP-H1 I suggest that the power supply in your unit may have drifted out of tolerance. Contact Mark (Wakus) on this forum for advice and assistance.

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “DP-H1”