DP-H1 power supply dead - need transistor part no

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

lazzar

DP-H1 power supply dead - need transistor part no

Post by lazzar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 15:45

Hi fellow Beyonwizians :D

My DP-H1 power supply has died. Leading up to this I've had some intermittent Error 0000 problems for several months that were usually solved by doing a power cycle. But today when I did this I had a burning smell after a few minutes, after opening it up I discovered a transistor that had blown (see below).

Its preety well burnt and cracked to the extent that I can't read all the text on it. From what I can make out it has NEC on top row, second row ends in 4M, bottom row ends in 73. Can someone advise what the correct replacement is? If it helps, the board has Model iP-108, rev 8.0 written on it, manufactured 04-10-2007.

Might have to replace some of those caps while im at it...

warkus
Guru

Post by warkus » Sun Oct 14, 2012 16:31

Hi there,

The part is an NEC 5P4M Thyristor

The PSU is the same as a P1, minius several components, power rails and the HDD connector - but the same design of PSU anyway.

Looking at yours, its in bad shape, and looking at that Thyristor, if it has failed like that, expect the mainboard to be damaged too...

Sorry.
Beyonwiz fixer-up-erer-er-er-er

lazzar

Post by lazzar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 18:08

You are right, its a bit cooked but I think it will be ok? The traces look to be in tact, although I hope they won't lift later though.

Given the thyristor failure is there anything else I should be looking at?

Return to “DP-H1”