01.05.320 Bug List and Wish List - DP-H1 specific

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

01.05.320 Bug List and Wish List - DP-H1 specific

Post by prl » Sun Jan 31, 2010 06:41

This post summarises DP-H1 specific bugs and suggestions as they come in. Bugs and suggestions that relate to both the DP-H1 and other Beyonwiz models should go in the DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-S1 and DP-P1 forum. I will try to link to the original report posts, any confirmations and any reports of different behaviour relating to the report; reports of fixes will be linked to.

Bugs Fixed:

1. The DP-H1 will now act as a WizPnP client when it has no registered recording HDD.

Bugs:

1. Recording/playback issues:
(a) If a timer starts while there is a current recording started using instant recording, the meaning of the options in the "Duplicated timer resolving" popup is unclear (OK button for "Stop"; Exit button for "Cancel Live"). "Stop" appears to be intended to be "Cancel Timer Recording" and "Cancel Live" appears to be intended to be "Cancel Instant Recording". The implementation of the "Stop" option is clearly faulty. Report. Confirmed.
(b) Playback of media files does not work reliably on a normal USB HDD if there is also a registered recording USB HDD attached. Lengthy discussion and confirmation. Summary of problem.

2. GUI Issues:
(a) If there is no USB HDD registered on the DP-H1, Popup>Timer List causes a "No HDD" error, but the error message is hidden behind the Timer List.
(b) If there is no USB HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, GUIDE REC does not give any "No HDD" warning, in contrast to Popup>Timer List, Add Timer -- see 2(a).
(c) If a timer is set, and when it fires there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, there is no warning.
(d) After the timer start time has passed, and there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1, powering off brings up the "This operation stops timer recording(s). Continue? Later/Yes/No", even though there isn't a recording running, because there can't be one running, since there's no HDD. This is inconsistent with the fact that in thes circumstances, Popup>Recording information shows no current recordings (which is correct). This behaviour continues even after the timer end time has finished. The warning goes away if the DP-H1 is rebooted.
(e) When a Once timer has completed, it isn't removed from the timer list, even on reboot, if there is no HDD registered for recording on the DP-H1.
(f) Registered USB HDD usage indicators in Recording Information and FilePlayer work correctly, but the usage indicator in the front panel VFD does not.

3. Copy / move issues:
(a) There are still bugs with copy and move on the DP-H1 (Recording USB = USB drive registered for recording; USB = USB drive formatted by Beyonwiz, but not registered for recording):

........Recording USB -> USB: Works for very short recordings. The copy hangs after transferring about 80MB on longer recordings, even though with short recordings it can transfer more that 80MB.
........USB -> Recording USB: Same as Recording USB -> USB
........USB -> Network share: Copy starts, but the progress bar freezes after a short time. The copy continues to the end, but at the end an error popup flashes up on the screen 2-3sec displayed, 2-3 seconds not displayed: "Access Error. Temporarily not Accessible". No indication of what is not accessible. H1 does not respond to EXIT, Power, etc. Must be shut off at the mains. Recording is copied correctly
........Network share -> USB: As for USB -> Network share.

Enhancement requests fulfilled:

1. A DP-H1 with an attached HDD registered for recording can now act as a media server in the same way as the DP-S1 and DP-P1 are able to. You may need to re-create the file indexes on the H1 (Press FILEPLAYER, then SOUNDTRACK) to make the index files for the DP-H1 server to work properly. You should only need to do this once on the DP-H1.

2. The IceTV and FTA EPGs are now saved to the external recording HDD if one is registered. WizTV data is also cached if there is a registered recording HDD. SETUP>System>Initialize allows the caches to be cleared.

Enhancement requests:

1. Recording/playback enhancements:
(a) The ability to register a partition as the recording drive, rather than the whole hard drive.

Last update 30/1/10.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

BP3
Master

Post by BP3 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 02:37

ref "Press FILEPLAYER, then SOUNDTRACK) to make the index files for the DP-H1 server to work properly. You should only need to do this once on the DP-H1. "

What is the "soundtrack" button?
DP-P2
T3-500
U4-1TB

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 07:06

Bottom right button - Speaker and ?
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 07:49

BP3 wrote:ref "Press FILEPLAYER, then SOUNDTRACK) to make the index files for the DP-H1 server to work properly. You should only need to do this once on the DP-H1. "

What is the "soundtrack" button?
SOUNDTRACK is the name given to the button on the remote control page in the manusl.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

fRuItCaKe
Apprentice

Post by fRuItCaKe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 09:40

Well, I can say after trialing 320 since release, I am going back to 280.

My ripped DVD's are stuttering and losing sound. Daughters getting pissed off with having to pause and unpause all the time. All those rips worked perfectly under 280

No other new features have had much impact on my use of the machine to think of keeping 320..

Oh..well, wait until the next release.....

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 09:53

fRuItCaKe wrote:Well, I can say after trialing 320 since release, I am going back to 280.

My ripped DVD's are stuttering and losing sound. Daughters getting pissed off with having to pause and unpause all the time. All those rips worked perfectly under 280

No other new features have had much impact on my use of the machine to think of keeping 320..

Oh..well, wait until the next release.....
I doubt that this is a specific H1 problem. There have been similar reports for other models. You might have mentioned whether they were ISO or VOB folder rips, or both.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:04

prl wrote:I doubt that this is a specific H1 problem. There have been similar reports for other models. You might have mentioned whether they were ISO or VOB folder rips, or both.
And where they are stored and how they are connected to the Wiz?
Cheers
Gully

fRuItCaKe
Apprentice

Post by fRuItCaKe » Sun Feb 14, 2010 13:46

prl wrote: I doubt that this is a specific H1 problem. There have been similar reports for other models. You might have mentioned whether they were ISO or VOB folder rips, or both.
Sorry, more info now.

The ones in question were VOB rips (specifically Transformers 2 was giving the most trouble)

The ISO rips seem ok.

My setup has a PC as a server (Asus mini tower, XP , E1200 processor, 2GB RAM, 100MBit E/Net, WB Green Power drives set up as network shares).

I've run all Cat5e through the house to every room, H1 is connected to this.

With Ver 280, all the ISO's and VOB rips had no stutter. But with 320 they do.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Feb 14, 2010 18:29

The discussion on this would probably be best to be transferred to a topic in the DP-P2, FV-L1, DP-S1 and DP-P1 that's already discussing problems with DVD playback in 320. As I said before, I don't think that this is a H1-specific problem, and some peole who could help don't follow this forum.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

PC Server Software?

Post by NaturalSelector » Tue Mar 25, 2014 21:00

fRuItCaKe wrote:
prl wrote:
My setup has a PC as a server (Asus mini tower, XP , E1200 processor, 2GB RAM, 100MBit E/Net, WB Green Power drives set up as network shares).

How do you set up a PC as a server to be visible from a DP-H1?
I assume there is software available? (But cannot see anything specifically 'PC Server' in the downloads section)

Thanks
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: 01.05.320 Bug List and Wish List - DP-H1 specific

Post by IanSav » Wed Mar 26, 2014 02:29

Hi NaturalSelector,

Any PC that has any shares defined should be visible from the DP-H1. That is, the DP-H1 should be able to see and access any PC that has file sharing enabled and has some shares defined. When I talk about shares I do not mean Windows 7 or 8 homegroups but traditional Windows XP compatible shares. You don't meed any special software. Remember to configure on the Beyonwiz the username, password and workgroup that your PC is using.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Re: PC Server Software?

Post by prl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:48

NaturalSelector wrote:
fRuItCaKe wrote:
prl wrote:

How do you set up a PC as a server to be visible from a DP-H1?
I assume there is software available? (But cannot see anything specifically 'PC Server' in the downloads section)

Thanks
I didn't write what you quoted. fRuItCaKe did.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Fri Mar 28, 2014 21:46

IanSav wrote:Hi NaturalSelector,

Any PC that has any shares defined should be visible from the DP-H1. That is, the DP-H1 should be able to see and access any PC that has file sharing enabled and has some shares defined. When I talk about shares I do not mean Windows 7 or 8 homegroups but traditional Windows XP compatible shares. You don't meed any special software. Remember to configure on the Beyonwiz the username, password and workgroup that your PC is using.

Regards,
Ian.
Thanks for that Ian.
So homegroups are out..(I don't use them anyways) and filesharing (XP Style) is the G.O.
I'll have a fiddle with my Win7 machine and see what I can come up with in the folder sharing department.
I guess the options to configure the beyonwiz with usernames, passwords, workgroups - Must come with the newer firmware..
Currently the 'Setup' menu on the DP-H1 is VERY lite on options! (It's brand new, but running 1.03.0somethin-or-other-that-i-cannot-remember-off-the-top-of-my-head

I'll be soon off to upgrade it to the 1.05.350 firmware

Thanks
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Fri Mar 28, 2014 21:50

Apologies Peter aka prl