H1 + HDD + Harmony

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

pdb
Apprentice

H1 + HDD + Harmony

Post by pdb » Fri Jun 12, 2009 18:36

In one room we have had a P1 + Topfield 5000 + Harmony remote for 12 months, all work fine.

Just added a H1 to another room containing a 5000 and an old Panasonic SD Plasma. Two quirks have arisen:

[1] If an ext HDD [powered] is connected to the front USB [Device 1, as perm HDD is Device 0] I can select and play perfectly any file eg .avi. But when I hit the STOP button the H1 seems to lock up and it requires switching to STANDBY via the front panel before it is useable again.

[2] If I change Harmony Activity from H1 to Toppy, everything works fine. If I change Activity from Toppy to H1, the Plasma switches itself from AV to TV and we dont even have an antenna connected to the TV. Have changed the order of Harmony switching but no improvement.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

prl
Wizard God

Re: H1 + HDD + Harmony

Post by prl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 19:04

pdb wrote:In one room we have had a P1 + Topfield 5000 + Harmony remote for 12 months, all work fine.

Just added a H1 to another room containing a 5000 and an old Panasonic SD Plasma. Two quirks have arisen:

[1] If an ext HDD [powered] is connected to the front USB [Device 1, as perm HDD is Device 0] I can select and play perfectly any file eg .avi. But when I hit the STOP button the H1 seems to lock up and it requires switching to STANDBY via the front panel before it is useable again.

[2] If I change Harmony Activity from H1 to Toppy, everything works fine. If I change Activity from Toppy to H1, the Plasma switches itself from AV to TV and we dont even have an antenna connected to the TV. Have changed the order of Harmony switching but no improvement.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
1 - See the bug list. It's a known bug (1(b)) in the H1. The workaround is to only connect either the non-recording HDD if you want to play media. I'm trying to get Beyonwiz to put some more effort into bugs on the H1 in the beta forum, but of course, in the end they set their own priorites.
2 - I use a Harmony 785 with my Beyonwiz setup, and it does activity-to-activity transitions smoothly without any problems. It's hard to know exactly what your problem is without knowing more about your setup. It sounds as though one of the input selection codes for your TV is either set to the wrong thing in one of your setups, there isn't enough delay between TV input changes, one of the Harmony codes for input selection on your TV is wrong, or your TV doesn't respond to codes for switching to some inputs (my TV has this problem).
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Swordfish805
Master

Post by Swordfish805 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 08:15

pdb wrote:[2] If I change Harmony Activity from H1 to Toppy, everything works fine. If I change Activity from Toppy to H1, the Plasma switches itself from AV to TV and we dont even have an antenna connected to the TV. Have changed the order of Harmony switching but no improvement.
I'd take that one to the logitech/harmony forum or even try the dtv forum. Doesn't sound like a beyonwiz issue.

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29

Swordfish805 wrote:
pdb wrote:[2] If I change Harmony Activity from H1 to Toppy, everything works fine. If I change Activity from Toppy to H1, the Plasma switches itself from AV to TV and we dont even have an antenna connected to the TV. Have changed the order of Harmony switching but no improvement.
I'd take that one to the logitech/harmony forum or even try the dtv forum. Doesn't sound like a beyonwiz issue.
Just email Harmony support if you cannot see an obvious error in your setup and they will fix it. It's an excellent service.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “DP-H1”