Question on the H1

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

churchi
Apprentice

Question on the H1

Post by churchi » Tue May 19, 2009 22:43

Hi All,

Well just received my H1 today. I am so happy with it at the moment!! So far so good. Have it all setup and sounding really good having the Digital TV.

Just one question, it seems when i have upgraded to the latest firmware that when i am watching say OneHD, on my wide screen tv it looks like a square picture. The Adds seems to be displaying in wide screen, however the NBA that i am watching at the moment is in non-wide screen mode. Maybe i am doing something wrong, however it seems that its how the picture has been sent to the tv.

All other stations seems to be ok. 7 Digital and 9 display correctly. SDS HD is the same as channel 1. Seems to be in non wide screen mode.

Just wondering if someone could help me to get the picture to full up the whole screen.

cheers.

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Tue May 19, 2009 22:47

Nothing wrong with your gear, the basketball is being broadcast in 4:3 (I checked) as are a lot of SBS shows.
If you adjust settings to fill the screen, everyone will look short and fat - may make the basketballers look normal :lol: :lol: :lol:
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

churchi
Apprentice

Post by churchi » Tue May 19, 2009 23:32

ahh right, so sometimes stations will broadcast in the full wide screen and sometimes not?

Will this change for the future do you think? to full wide screen?

I know what you mean about stretching the picture on the screen :) would make things look a lot different :)

One other thing is, why does One HD not seem to broadcast in 5.1? i can seem to only get stereo out of their broadcasts. maybe this is coming along later on. does anyone have it in 5.1?

cheers

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Tue May 19, 2009 23:58

churchi wrote:ahh right, so sometimes stations will broadcast in the full wide screen and sometimes not?

Will this change for the future do you think? to full wide screen?
Widescreen will become more and more common in time, but of course there will always be re-runs of old programs and sporting events, and there's nothing they can do about those.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed May 20, 2009 00:15

Hi Churchi,

The change to wide-screen programs will also depend on the TV stations spending the extra money to purchase the wide-screen versions of the shows. For example Channel 9 never bought the wide-screen versions of David Letterman but when Channel 10 bought the rights they bought the HD wide-screen version.

Regards,
Ian.

churchi
Apprentice

Post by churchi » Wed May 20, 2009 21:04

IanSav wrote:Hi Churchi,

The change to wide-screen programs will also depend on the TV stations spending the extra money to purchase the wide-screen versions of the shows. For example Channel 9 never bought the wide-screen versions of David Letterman but when Channel 10 bought the rights they bought the HD wide-screen version.

Regards,
Ian.
\

Ah right, i see what you mean. Makes sense now. Thanks for clearing this up.

cheers mate

Return to “DP-H1”