Viewing wiz recorded programs on a PC

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanF

Viewing wiz recorded programs on a PC

Post by IanF » Wed Mar 11, 2015 20:18

Does anyone know a free (or cheap) Media Player that runs on Windows 8, that will play Beyonwiz DP Lite files directly, with no processing of the files? I've tried VLC and MPC, but they both have a 1 second or so pause between files, which is annoying. The files are the ones names 0000 0001 0002 etc that run for about 30 sec each, with hundreds of files in the folder. I can copy the BW folder and files onto a USB flash drive, and plug it into my PC. I can join all the files into 1 large file with Cmd Copy /B, but that is extra time and complication. Thanks.

Paul55
Wizard

Re: Viewing wiz recorded programs on a PC

Post by Paul55 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 21:03

There are a number of free programs that will combine the .tvwiz files into a single .ts file that can be played with VLC and other players. You could start with yardwiz https://bintray.com/lukepinnerau/generic/YARDWiz/view
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a player that will effectively work with the native .tvwiz files.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

glow
Guru

Post by glow » Sat Mar 14, 2015 15:37

1. Easiest way is if you have your DP Lite on your network you can use YARDWiz on your PC to transfer the recordings and convert to .TS faster than you can copy to and from a USB flash drive.

2. Otherwise as Paul55 noted you also use YARDWiz to convert .tvwiz to .TS (Note that puts the file in the same directory so you should do this on your PC no on a slow USB flash)

3. You could also use COPY/B when you copy from the USB to your PC - shouldn't take much longer than a straight COPY.

4. You could also use the command line tool getwizpnp instead of COPY/B to preserve any edit made on the beyonwiz. There's a version of getwizpnp included with YARDWiz
Example syntax
C:\Downloads>"c:\Program Files (x86)\YARdWiz\getwizpnp.exe" --ts -I D:\ pattern_matching_your_recording

Run the command in the output directory where you want the file to go e.g. C:\Downloads
On my PC getwizpnp is installed at "c:\Program Files (x86)\YARdWiz\getwizpnp.exe"
Use --ts to convert tvwiz to .ts format
Use -I to specify the input directory, in this case D:\ is the USB drive
Then specify a pattern for your recording, just any string in the name "Jungle" matches "Jays Jungle"

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Mar 14, 2015 15:46

glow wrote:3. You could also use COPY/B when you copy from the USB to your PC - shouldn't take much longer than a straight COPY.
Don't use this if you have edited the recording at all, including top and tailing as it won't follow the edits fully. Best to use YARDWiz.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Mar 14, 2015 16:15

Gully wrote:
glow wrote:3. You could also use COPY/B when you copy from the USB to your PC - shouldn't take much longer than a straight COPY.
Don't use this if you have edited the recording at all, including top and tailing as it won't follow the edits fully. Best to use YARDWiz.
Top/tail editing won't be followed exactly, but I don't think it's likely to cause any problems, and a lot of the time it won't matter all that much. The editing isn't frame-accurate anyway.

Of course, YARDWiz and WizFX will both follow edits exactly.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

IanF

Post by IanF » Sat Mar 14, 2015 20:26

Thanks everyone for your help.

IanF

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”