Beyonwiz goes haywire

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

engjs
Apprentice

Beyonwiz goes haywire

Post by engjs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:23

I had my Beyonwiz set up to tape Dr Who tonight, 7:25 to 8:40. We watched Battle of the Choirs, and recorded it, pressing the record button at 7:29 and stopping it after the show had finished. We turned over to watch Foyle's War (which follows Dr Who) and noticed that the display was crap. There were artifacts appearing all over the place and the picture was freezing and jumping in way way that made it unwatchable. I tried the other channels and saw no problems but when I returned to ABC1 the problem was still there. I turned it off, counted to 20, and turned it back on again and the problem was still there. We turned it off, plugged the aerial into the TV and watched the show on that. I turned the Beyonwiz off for the duration. After the show I put the aerial back and checked the picture and it was fine. When I checked the recording of Dr Who it was crap.

WTF??!?

Jim

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:30

It sounds like a reception or interference problem. When you watched Dr Who on the TV's tuner, was it analog or digital?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

twitch
Master

Post by twitch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 15:43

I had very similair symtoms once and traced it to a loose ariel connection connection. Seems the cleaning lady had got a bit vigerous in her dusting.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”