Enhancement request: Infobar duration for rewind and fast forward

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ploughguy
Apprentice

Enhancement request: Infobar duration for rewind and fast forward

Post by ploughguy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 15:37

After 18 months, I am still trying to master the Rewind function for live TV on our V2 (I realise that the Wiz is not optimal for live viewing, but sometimes you drop out of a recording into something engaging, and sometimes you want them to say that again. My god, those millennial actors are a bunch of mumblers...

Anyhow, while trying to figure out how to rewind live TV, I have started to pine for a persistent infobar in rewind and FF.

I have infobar duration set to 3 sec because anything longer obscures the subtitles in Criminal Games (and also when I have subtitles on because of mumbling millennials.

I have an enhancement request for a separate setting for the infobar that keeps it visible during rewind and FF of live TV. Clicking OK during normal replay observes the existing display duration setting, This new option says keep the infobar (in particular the timeline bar in the upper left corner) visible while FF and REW.

This might make it possible for me to figure out how to get liveREW to behave enough to be useful.

One day, it will be perfect. In the meantime, it’s good enough.
Russ

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Enhancement request: Infobar duration for rewind and fast forward

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 27, 2020 15:54

That's a sensible sounding request. Persistent Infobar/progress bar during trickplay operations.

While I am here though, I would recommend that you explore using skip functions rather than FF/REW. In many cases, skips will get you to where to need to be quicker and more efficiently. (That is, once you have the skip duration set up to values that suit your viewing habits and content).
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Pete123
Apprentice

Re: Enhancement request: Infobar duration for rewind and fast forward

Post by Pete123 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 20:07

Is this what you’re after?

MENU - Setup - System - GUI Settings - Show info bar on skip forward/backward

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”