Enhancement request: Refinement of behaviour when jump past end of currently-recording file

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

ploughguy
Apprentice

Enhancement request: Refinement of behaviour when jump past end of currently-recording file

Post by ploughguy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 08:29

New V2 - we love it.

There is only one thing we have found that we would really to change - when we play a program that is currently recording and ad-skip beyond EOF, playback stops. It very politely asks if we want to resume at the last-seen position when we restart it, but I prefer the Topfield behaviour which is that skipping beyond (beyon?) end of file when the file is still recording skips to the end of the already-recorded content and resumes playing the still-arriving remainder of the show.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Enhancement request: Refinement of behaviour when jump past end of currently-recording file

Post by prl » Mon Nov 25, 2019 08:36

There are a number of niggles with chase playback (playback of a recording that's currently being made).

I've also found that if you manage to skip forward to just before the recording point, it can be difficult to skip back from there.

I don't think that the code distinguishes much (if at all) between chase play and normal recording playback. In the latter, you normally would want a skip past the end of the recording to stop playback (or whatever action is set for "when playback ends").
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”