Multi Backlit Remote Feature

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

gryrie

Multi Backlit Remote Feature

Post by gryrie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36

Hi

I recently purchased the Beyonwiz Multi Backlit Remote and noticed a feature that was not immediately obvious.

If you hold the remote vertically and push any button, the buttons light up without activating anything on the PVR. This is great for getting the remote to light up in the dark and find your required button. You then obviously point the remote at the PVR and push your button to activate.

I'm sure many of you are thinking this is obvious, but it wasn't to me and I actually changed batteries because unless you point the remote directly towards the PVR, it won't activate anything.

I think this is quite a clever feature and wish it had been documented and supplied with the remote.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Multi Backlit Remote Feature

Post by prl » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:46

I dont think it's a feature. The insensitivity of the T series remote receiver is much grumbled about on the forum.

But I'm glad you've found it useful in some circumstances.

Sensible remote backlighting uses movement sensors to turn on backlighting when you pick up the remote.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

exitguy
Master

Re: Multi Backlit Remote Feature

Post by exitguy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 15:36

gryrie wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36
Hi

I recently purchased the Beyonwiz Multi Backlit Remote and noticed a feature that was not immediately obvious.

If you hold the remote vertically and push any button, the buttons light up without activating anything on the PVR. This is great for getting the remote to light up in the dark and find your required button. You then obviously point the remote at the PVR and push your button to activate.

I'm sure many of you are thinking this is obvious, but it wasn't to me and I actually changed batteries because unless you point the remote directly towards the PVR, it won't activate anything.

I think this is quite a clever feature and wish it had been documented and supplied with the remote.
Shoulda gotta Harmony 650 - backlighting, programmable and works with everything I have programmed it for !!
Fire it at the ceiling and the stuff in the HT cabinet gets the signal too

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”