New Firmware for all T-Series Models (T2/T3/T4) 10/03/2017

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Rehtael
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware for all T-Series Models (T2/T3/T4) 10/03/20

Post by Rehtael » Tue Mar 28, 2017 17:29

I just tried the mobile app against the T4 with this firmware, and I swear it was far more responsive than the previous firmware! Awesome!

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 17:47

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
gibster wrote:I updated both my T4 and T2 today to the 10/03/2017 firmware. I've now got an issue where both T series can't see each other.
Is Samba running on both?
Can you get to both of them from Windows?
Do both boxes pass their network tests (MENU -> Setup -> Network -> Network adapter selection -> Network test)?
Have you tried a router reboot?
Did you restore settings from 4,4 (you shouldn't have)?

Sounds like something our CP-M/86 man had - http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewto ... 19#p148362. He fixed it with a (Billion) router setting.
Hi Geoff.

I rebooted the router, rebooted both T series, I can access tv program files on both machines from my Win10 computer. Both pass their network test as mentioned above. According to the GUI Samba is running on both machines.

Here is the response from the T4, the T2 response is identical, and I've ran the smbclient -L command from each machine against the other as listed below.

root@beyonwizt4:~# testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf
Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated
Processing section "[Root]"
Processing section "[Movie]"
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: lock directory /var/lock should have permissions 0755 for browsing to work
WARNING: state directory /var/lock should have permissions 0755 for browsing to work
WARNING: cache directory /var/lock should have permissions 0755 for browsing to work
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions

[global]
server string = %h Samba server
map to guest = Bad User
null passwords = Yes
obey pam restrictions = Yes
passdb backend = smbpasswd
guest account = root
username map = /etc/samba/private/users.map
load printers = No
os level = 1
idmap config * : backend = tdb
guest ok = Yes
case sensitive = Yes

[Root]
comment = Everything - take care!
path = /
read only = No
guest ok = No

[Movie]
comment = /hdd/movie
path = /media/hdd/movie
read only = No
root@beyonwizt4:~#

When I list shares from the 2 machines I get the following, the command smbclient -L (machine). I checked the T2 from the T4 and the T4 from the command prompt on the T2.

root@beyonwizt2:~# smbclient -L beyonwizt4
Enter root's password:
dos charset 'CP850' unavailable - using ASCII
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.6.25]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
Root Disk Everything - take care!
Movie Disk /hdd/movie
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (beyonwizt4 Samba server)

Server Comment
--------- -------
BEYONWIZT4 beyonwizt4 Samba server
FRITZ-NAS FRITZ!Box

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
WORKGROUP FRITZ-NAS
root@beyonwizt2:~#

-------------------------

root@beyonwizt4:~# smbclient -L beyonwizt2
Enter root's password:
dos charset 'CP850' unavailable - using ASCII

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
Root Disk Everything - take care!
Movie Disk /hdd/movie
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (beyonwizt2 Samba server)

Server Comment
--------- -------
BEYONWIZT2 beyonwizt2 Samba server
FRITZ-NAS FRITZ!Box

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
WORKGROUP FRITZ-NAS
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4K Gen 2
Sony UBP X800 4k/UHD BluRay Player (Moded for all regions)
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 18:44

gibster wrote: Workgroup Master
--------- -------
WORKGROUP FRITZ-NAS
I know very little of this, but I think the Master Browser (or whatever it's called) is (now?) your FritzBox, and perhaps it's not doing a very good job of it.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 19:19

The Wiz network browser and by IP and Subnet, so technically the master browser shouldn't be an issue, but I agree that the fritzbox is probably not the best device for that job.

You don't have any unusual subnets or other address oddities on your network do you?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 19:53

So I updated my T4 this afternoon and it all went smoothly, USB was found straight away (found an old one in the draw) and it upgraded without issue. I used the setup wizard and did not restore my settings.
I would agree with some other comments that this is a real issue if there are only one or two settings that require the settings to be cleared. For those if us that are unfamiliar with the GUI and maybe setup the unit once 6-12 months ago I have got absolutely no idea where all the setiings are and what they do. I took lots of photos of screens but really have no hope of documenting them all easily.

A couple of comments and observations-

- I was surprised that the IceTV plugin remained, but I guess that is a plugin rather than a user setting, but it worked ok.

- The file structure remained /media/hdd/movie/ as did the default recording location.

- I couldn't remember the commands I used to add a shared folder to my media library but was pleasantly surprised that when I mounted my NAS again it appeared automatically.

So far so good :)
CX65 OLED, Pioneer LX508a,
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, T4, IceTV
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Oppo 103 BDP, Apple TV 4k x 2, PS3, PS4, Samsung BDP, Wii, Chromecast Ultra
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:02

tb123 wrote:So I updated my T4 this afternoon and it all went smoothly, USB was found straight away (found an old one in the draw) and it upgraded without issue. I used the setup wizard and did not restore my settings.
I would agree with some other comments that this is a real issue if there are only one or two settings that require the settings to be cleared. For those if us that are unfamiliar with the GUI and maybe setup the unit once 6-12 months ago I have got absolutely no idea where all the setiings are and what they do. I took lots of photos of screens but really have no hope of documenting them all easily.
I actually find it a good opportunity to revisit some of my old settings and assumptions and reevaluate some of them.
It does provide a level of reassurance too that your settings are all nice and shiny new with no custom or unusual hangovers that may be left over from old software, or patches too I think.

One thing that I revamped with the switch to 16.1 was all of my font spacing, row numbers and font sizes. This was helped along somewhat by some of the tweaks that were made to the skins and their default settings, and not to mention IanSav's great work on the new date and time settings.

I even discovered an Infobar EPG style that I had never seen before in the years that I have had the T series!

For example, here are some screens that I tweaked and am very happy with now, all just with the default skin.
1_0_1_463_460_1012_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
1_0_1_463_460_1012_EEEE0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg
1_0_1_463_460_1012_EEEE0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg
Sometimes it is the small tweaks that bring the most satisfaction :)

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:10

You are right, it IS a good time to clean things out, but my "issue" is that I can't remember what I changed and where they were. The device is feature rich, but with that comes complexity that for the basic user is a bit overwhelming. My background is a Technical Manager in communications, I'm used to being a subject matter expert on products and knowing what and where every setting is, but when faced with a complex product that you sort of want back the way you had it, can be a little frustrating. Now I know how all the techs used to feel when they rang me for help :)

It's not the end of the world, just if it *could* be avoided, would be nice.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075
Unifi USG, PoE switch and access points, Synology DS916+ NAS, HikVision cams, iPads, iPhones, Android, laptops, MacBooks etc.

gibster
Master

Post by gibster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:28

MrQuade wrote:The Wiz network browser and by IP and Subnet, so technically the master browser shouldn't be an issue, but I agree that the fritzbox is probably not the best device for that job.

You don't have any unusual subnets or other address oddities on your network do you?
No. Just a normal home setup. Static IP addresses for all devices wired and wireless.

I did download and reinstall the latest update of V4.4 on the T2 and everything is back to normal now. So I don't know what exactly is happening here.

But it works and all I do is watch T4 recordings and live TV on the T2 so all is well.

Cheers

gib
BeyonWiz V2
Sony KD-55A9F OLED
Sony KD-65X9000E
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4K Gen 2
Sony UBP X800 4k/UHD BluRay Player (Moded for all regions)
X-Box One X
Harmony Ultimate Remote
QNAP TS-451+ NAS

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:30

You can only access the Movie share anonymously. If you want to access Root share you will need to use the beyonwiz/beyonwiz credentials.

Unless you have very special needs, the Movie share is sufficient for most tasks.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:55

tb123 wrote:...
- I was surprised that the IceTV plugin remained, but I guess that is a plugin rather than a user setting, but it worked ok.
The IceTV plugin is once more pre-installed. It was originally pre-installed, after the first IceTV company went into administration it became an optional download, and in 20170310 it is now once more pre-installed.

Plugins other than pre-installed ones will be cleared by a USB upgrade. They are not restored by a settings restore, though their settings normally will be.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 22:23

Question - previously when playing back recorded TV programs there were two orange markers in the time bar that indicated the beginning and end of the show that you recorded (and a blue line showing current time and green when resuming playback). Since upgrading the two orange markers arent on the timebar for the programs that were recorded tight. (They are still on programs recorded prior to the upgrade) Is that a setting or something that has changed in this update? They were really handy.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 22:35

tb123 wrote: Since upgrading the two orange markers arent on the timebar for the programs that were recorded tight. (They are still on programs recorded prior to the upgrade) Is that a setting or something that has changed in this update? They were really handy.
No, those markers are still supposed to get created. There is no particular setting that switched them off that I know of.

They are created in recordings when the now/next info changes, so as long as you are getting now/next info it should be working.

You won't see the markers in any recordings that are still in progress though.

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 22:45

MrQuade wrote:
tb123 wrote: Since upgrading the two orange markers arent on the timebar for the programs that were recorded tight. (They are still on programs recorded prior to the upgrade) Is that a setting or something that has changed in this update? They were really handy.
No, those markers are still supposed to get created. There is no particular setting that switched them off that I know of.

They are created in recordings when the now/next info changes, so as long as you are getting now/next info it should be working.

You won't see the markers in any recordings that are still in progress though.
Maybe a silly question, but where do I see the now/next info?
Is that when watching TV pres the OK button twice and you see the 2 panels of information about the shows? I do get them still.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 22:51

tb123 wrote: Maybe a silly question, but where do I see the now/next info?
Is that when watching TV pres the OK button twice and you see the 2 panels of information about the shows? I do get them still.
That's correct.

Do your timeshift files still get created properly? As in, if you at watching live TV for a period spanning a few shows, can you press REC and "Select an event to save...", and see several shows that you can select to save?

david1st
Apprentice

Post by david1st » Tue Mar 28, 2017 22:57

Hi All,

I'm excited to try the new firmware, but won't be installing it anytime soon. I've fine-tuned so many settings that I really don't want to have to re-do all that work, I'd rather not have to re-enter all my carefully adjusted timers too. I'll wait until there's a way to keep most of my settings, or maybe just stick with the old firmware.

Thankyou for all your hard work, but this really is a problem for me.

Is it possible to make an importer that doesn't import the troublesome items and provides an on-screen prompt to let us know which areas to have a look at?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:04

david1st wrote: I'm excited to try the new firmware, but won't be installing it anytime soon. I've fine-tuned so many settings that I really don't want to have to re-do all that work, I'd rather not have to re-enter all my carefully adjusted timers too. I'll wait until there's a way to keep most of my settings, or maybe just stick with the old firmware.

Is it possible to make an importer that doesn't import the troublesome items and provides an on-screen prompt to let us know which areas to have a look at?
The problem is the is really no way to know exactly what settings are going to cause problems. We know of some, like the FTP and Samba configuration files, but we suspect many more are tucked away.

You can save your timers and autotimers separately to the rest of your settings of you need to keep those. You can also do something similar with your bouquets.

That covers the most troublesome of the things to remember. The rest of the settings really don't take long to re-enter. 30-60 minutes out of your weekend and you're done, then you are all up to date and can receive the normal online update as they become available.

Remember that the old firmware series will no longer receive any updates at all, that includes any new icons for channel changes and the like.

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:06

MrQuade wrote:
tb123 wrote: Maybe a silly question, but where do I see the now/next info?
That's correct.

Do your timeshift files still get created properly? As in, if you at watching live TV for a period spanning a few shows, can you press REC and "Select an event to save...", and see several shows that you can select to save?
I haven't had a chance to let live TV run for that long yet - this may not be an issue at all now, the first two shows (NCIS and NCIS LA) didn't have the markers but a third show (Bones) does have the markers, so maybe it was just something to do with NCIS or the channel it is broadcast on.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:24

MrQuade wrote:
david1st wrote: I'm excited to try the new firmware, but won't be installing it anytime soon. I've fine-tuned so many settings that I really don't want to have to re-do all that work, I'd rather not have to re-enter all my carefully adjusted timers too. I'll wait until there's a way to keep most of my settings, or maybe just stick with the old firmware.

The problem is the is really no way to know exactly what settings are going to cause problems. We know of some, like the FTP and Samba configuration files, but we suspect many more are tucked away.

You can save your timers and autotimers separately to the rest of your settings of you need to keep those. You can also do something similar with your bouquets.

That covers the most troublesome of the things to remember. The rest of the settings really don't take long to re-enter. 30-60 minutes out of your weekend and you're done, then you are all up to date and can receive the normal online update as they become available.

Remember that the old firmware series will no longer receive any updates at all, that includes any new icons for channel changes and the like.
Via a browser, file://beyonwizt4/Root/etc/enigma2/ will list a directory of your timers and AutoTimers, settings and others (or if you wish, via Windows Explorer \\BEYONWIZT4\Root\etc\enigma2).
Print your settings file so you have a reference to rebuild.
Copy out your timers and AutoTimers so you can restore them post-upgrade (see here for restore info using a telent session to the Wiz - http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewto ... 80#p144365)

Master

Post by 000 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:39

Hi folks.

My experience with the upgrade was smooth, up until the IceTV part.

Despite logging back into IceTV on the Bwiz, and the EPG list appearing happily, the Bwiz refused to download the full schedule of recordings. I tried everything imaginable. But in the end, I had to go to the IceTV website, login to my account there, go to the Settings, and then find the 'Resend all my recordings for this device' button.

After doing that, the IceTV plugin on the Bwiz picked up all the changes immediately, and the log reflected all the missing IceTV-based timers. Problems solved!

Hope this helps someone else.

Enjoy =>

D.
prl wrote:
tb123 wrote:...
The IceTV plugin is once more pre-installed. It was originally pre-installed, after the first IceTV company went into administration it became an optional download, and in 20170310 it is now once more pre-installed.

Plugins other than pre-installed ones will be cleared by a USB upgrade. They are not restored by a settings restore, though their settings normally will be.
(U4 & V2 Owner, each with a Play TV USB tuner, and a now-retired T4)

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:57

000 wrote:But in the end, I had to go to the IceTV website, login to my account there, go to the Settings, and then find the 'Resend all my recordings for this device' button.
Yep, that's standard procedure for a USB upgrade where you can't restore settings. IceTV thinks you already have those timers so it doesnt re-send then until you tell it to.

Apologies that you had to scratch around for that, I thought it had been mentioned in this thread already.

Master

Post by 000 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 00:04

Oh yes, I think I've just found that reference on page 2 (the context was about duplicates) -- but the advice was still the same -- resend all the recordings. Hopefully it's clearer for others now (that this 'resend of recordings' for IceTV needs to be done from the IceTV website, not from on the Bwiz).

Thanks again =>.
(U4 & V2 Owner, each with a Play TV USB tuner, and a now-retired T4)

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 00:29

000 wrote:Oh yes, I think I've just found that reference on page 2 (the context was about duplicates) -- but the advice was still the same -- resend all the recordings. Hopefully it's clearer for others now (that this 'resend of recordings' for IceTV needs to be done from the IceTV website, not from on the Bwiz).

Thanks again =>.
Nah, a direct reference at the bottom of page 1 -
MrQuade wrote:Just remember to resend your timers to the T4 after the upgrade so that IceTV knows that the T4 doesn't already have the timers.
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewto ... 06#p150009

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 02:42

I presume it is OK if the Bootloader's date is after March 12, 2015? I've got April 2 2015 on the T4
Mind you, weirdly (as I got it later than the T4) it is Jan 24 2015 on the T2

OK, just went to the download page to find the download for the Bootloader and now have some more questions. The download is dated March 12, so how is it possible that I have one dated April 2 on the T4?
1_0_1_313_310_3202_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
Also have another (showing my ignorance) question... How does one install the Bootloader?

Edit.. I now feel rather silly. :oops: Re-reading the instructions, it is talking about T3. For some reason I always presumed that T3 was a generic term for the other 2, but apparently not
So, I don't need to worry about the Bootloader for the T2 & the T4?
Last edited by csutak40 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 04:07, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
TV: Samsung UA55MU7000W
TV: Sharp Aquos LC37PD5X
TV: Sony KDL-46EX520
Panasonic DMR ES35V

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 03:06

tb123 wrote: I would agree with some other comments that this is a real issue if there are only one or two settings that require the settings to be cleared. For those if us that are unfamiliar with the GUI and maybe setup the unit once 6-12 months ago I have got absolutely no idea where all the setiings are and what they do. I took lots of photos of screens but really have no hope of documenting them all easily.
:)
+1
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 03:17

tb123 wrote:You are right, it IS a good time to clean things out, but my "issue" is that I can't remember what I changed and where they were. The device is feature rich, but with that comes complexity that for the basic user is a bit overwhelming. My background is a Technical Manager in communications, I'm used to being a subject matter expert on products and knowing what and where every setting is, but when faced with a complex product that you sort of want back the way you had it, can be a little frustrating. Now I know how all the techs used to feel when they rang me for help :)

It's not the end of the world, just if it *could* be avoided, would be nice.
I have to agree, except my background is nothing like yours. I've had the 2 Wizs for quite a while now, but still learning, so having to go back to the beginning is quite frightening for me. :?

I just took a screen shot of my "favourite" channels, but other than that, not sure what setting to make a note of before upgrading

As I'm reading this Forum, I keep reading directions/expressions on how to do things that are all Greek to me :oops: and because of a medical condition, I am often in a brain fog, so have trouble understanding directions

Some of the things that I finally managed to set-up (like being able to watch things on Both my Wizs) took me forever. Now I am reading that one person is having problems with this after the upgrade, so, I worry that I will have the same problem
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 03:24

MrQuade wrote:
How do you do that, please?
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 03:45

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

Via a browser, file://beyonwizt4/Root/etc/enigma2/ will list a directory of your timers and AutoTimers, settings and others (or if you wish, via Windows Explorer \\BEYONWIZT4\Root\etc\enigma2).
Copy out your timers and AutoTimers so you can restore them post-upgrade (see here for restore info using a telent session to the Wiz - http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewto ... 80#p144365)
Thanks for this... should have read this before writing my previous post :)

Incidentally, just thought I'd mention the browser link only works in IE, not in FF
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 09:27

I've been running the beta 20170310 for some time and start/end marks work as normal in that for me. I don't know of any configuration to disable their creation.

There haven't been any reports of them not working at any time in the alpha or beta versions leading up to this release.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 09:31

csutak40 wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

Thanks for this... should have read this before writing my previous post :)

Incidentally, just thought I'd mention the browser link only works in IE, not in FF
As you use IceTV, you shouldn't need to worry about saving/restoring your timers - just resend all from the IceTV web page

That link I posted works in Chrome, but you're right in that it doesn't work in Firefox.
From a browser ftp://root:none@beyonwizt4/etc/enigma2/ should work (it does from FF). You can print your settings from there.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 09:37

prl wrote:I've been running the beta 20170310 for some time and start/end marks work as normal in that for me. I don't know of any configuration to disable their creation.

There haven't been any reports of them not working at any time in the alpha or beta versions leading up to this release.
Isn't there the situation where if you're chase playing a recording that ends whilst you're still chasing, then when playing stops the resume mark stomps all over the bookmarks?

I still get the odd recording that doesn't have the bookmarks (that I didn't chase play). I just assume the EIT now/next weren't sent.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:02

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
prl wrote:I've been running the beta 20170310 for some time and start/end marks work as normal in that for me. I don't know of any configuration to disable their creation.

Isn't there the situation where if you're chase playing a recording that ends whilst you're still chasing, then when playing stops the resume mark stomps all over the bookmarks?

I still get the odd recording that doesn't have the bookmarks (that I didn't chase play). I just assume the EIT now/next weren't sent.
As far as I can tell, all behaviour of the marks is the same in both the previous 20160818 and 20170310. That includes the preservation of bugs in the marks that were in 20160818. If the marks aren't sent or lie outside the recording, there's not much that can be done. I'm not sure that there are any times when Now/Next isn't sent.

Some time in the next few days I'll post an alpha patch that fixes the behaviour of the marks being overwritten when chase play is stopped after the recording has stopped. That will also dynamically display start/stop marks in chase play as they are detected in the recording.

There will also be a fix coming up that should stop start/end marks being updated to a later location than they should have, but I haven't even written up the issue entry for that yet :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35

csutak40 wrote:So, I don't need to worry about the Bootloader for the T2 & the T4?
Looking at the screenshot, you are running an old version of the front panel firmware. If you want reliable operation, you must update to 20057.

The latest released bootloader for T4 is dated Mon Jun 15 2015.

How to upgrade the bootloader:
* Do not turn off power to your T4 while performing the bootloader update. Doing so will render the T4 inoperable and the only way to recover is to send the T4 away for service.
* Mount a USB drive on your computer.
* If the USB drive has a beyonwiz folder from a previous update delete the entire beyonwiz folder.
* Uncompress the downloaded bootloader update file to the top level directory on the USB drive.
* Your USB drive should end up with a beyonwiz directory (folder) at the top level.
* Unmount the USB drive from your PC and unplug it.
* Press and hold the power button on the T4 remote for 3 seconds and select shutdown
* Once the T4 has fully shut down, turn the rear power switch on the T4 to the OFF position.
* Wait 30 seconds.
* Unplug all USB devices from the T4.
* Connect the USB drive with the bootloader to any USB port on the T4 - make sure that the connection is secure.
* Power on the T4.
* The bootloader will be updated without any prompting and the front display will show either "Flash CFE" or "Upgrading" depending on the previous bootloader version you are running.
* The process will be much quicker than a normal firmware upgrade and should take less than 10 seconds.
* Once the update is complete the T4 will either reboot on its own or prompt you to remove the USB drive and press the power button on the front panel to reboot.
* Once your T4 has fully rebooted hold down the Power button on the T4 Remote and select Shutdown.
* Disconnect the update USB drive from the T4.
* Connect the USB update drive to your PC and delete the beyonwiz folder. This is important, so that future uses of this USB drive do not cause issues.
* Reconnect any USB devices to your T4, as required.
* Power on the T4 and you are all done :)
* To confirm that you have the latest Bootloader installed successfully press the Menu button on the T4 and scroll across to the far right of the Menu and select Information and then Select About, the date of your Bootloader should be June 15, 2015.

Tip: Use a USB 1.1 compatible drive. Most USB drives are USB 1.1 compatible, but some newer drives may not be. If your fancy USB 3.1 drive does not work, look in the bottom of your box-of-tricks for an old USB drive.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

raj
Master

Post by raj » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22

G'day,

Thought I'd post my experiences with this upgrade on my T2.

First, the documentation says that no other USB devices should be plugged in, and that means the USB tuner if you have one, otherwise the system will simply reboot without doing the upgrade.

It went on ON, but then the fun trimming the Terrestrial Bouquet. I tried to access the root folder through my computer but while I could look at my recordings, it kept asking for a password. I first tried my network password, but it wouldn't go. I then changed the network password on the T2, but it still would not go.

In the end I logged in using the browser interface through its IP address and this let me then use the function to edit the bouquets. Even this was not straightforward. For reasons I do not know, I would delete and entry and then enter a spacer, but it would affect the list on both sides of where I added a spacer. After much frustration and trial I managed to get the bouquet to just have the channels I want and on the line numbers I want, and it is now OK.

Getting IceTV to add the timer events I have in my account seems to be taking its time. Despite the log saying that timer events have been updated, there are many that are not on the list as yet. Only 2 have come across from IceTV.

There was an issue with the OSD overscanning the screen. This was addressed through the setup menu and changing the height and width of the OSD display and then moving, up, down, left or right.

One thing I am not a great fan of is the EPG with the OverlayHD skin. If an event is too big for the space, it displays an upside down exclamation mark. I preferred the previous way of wrapping the event title.

Oh, and the instructions told of the update file list scrolling on the display. This did not happen, just an update of the stage of the upgrade on the splash screen.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:32

raj wrote: First, the documentation says that no other USB devices should be plugged in, and that means the USB tuner if you have one, otherwise the system will simply reboot without doing the upgrade.
The T2 doesn't seem to tolerate the USB tuner to be plugged in, but my T3 doesn't care if it is or not. It varies between models and what device is plugged in I think. Safer to just recommend unplugging everything.
raj wrote: It went on ON, but then the fun trimming the Terrestrial Bouquet. I tried to access the root folder through my computer but while I could look at my recordings, it kept asking for a password. I first tried my network password, but it wouldn't go. I then changed the network password on the T2, but it still would not go.
Trimming the Terrestrial bouquet?
I hope you don't mean that you have deleted or edited the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet? You really shouldn't do that.

The username/password to the Samba root share on the Wiz is beyonwiz/beyonwiz for future reference (as mentioned previously).
raj wrote: Getting IceTV to add the timer events I have in my account seems to be taking its time. Despite the log saying that timer events have been updated, there are many that are not on the list as yet. Only 2 have come across from IceTV.
You need to go to the IceTV website and resend all timers (also mentioned a couple of times).
raj wrote: There was an issue with the OSD overscanning the screen. This was addressed through the setup menu and changing the height and width of the OSD display and then moving, up, down, left or right.
Ideally you should adjust your TV settings so that it isn't overscanning. Set your TV's aspect ratio to "dot-by-dot", "per-pixel" or "screen fit" mode.
You should only adjust the OSD position on the Wiz if your TV lacks a setting to disable overscanning.
raj wrote: One thing I am not a great fan of is the EPG with the OverlayHD skin. If an event is too big for the space, it displays an upside down exclamation mark. I preferred the previous way of wrapping the event title.
There is a EPG setting to enable word wrap. You can now also align the text to the left right or centre. (new feature!)
raj wrote: Oh, and the instructions told of the update file list scrolling on the display. This did not happen, just an update of the stage of the upgrade on the splash screen.
That would be referring to the front display on the T4 and T3. The T2 of course lacks that hardware.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:34

peteru wrote:...
Thanks for this.
I don't think that the "Jun 15 2015" T4 bootloader was ever publicly released,
This post has prl referring to it, but us mere mortals can't access the embedded link as we get --
Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

I'm guessing that is the 'beta' forum.

My T4 is running the "Apr 2 2015" bootloader (T4 was purchased Sep 2015),
Perhaps more recent T4's (owned by mere mortals) are running the June bootloader.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56

raj wrote:...
One thing I am not a great fan of is the EPG with the OverlayHD skin. If an event is too big for the space, it displays an upside down exclamation mark. I preferred the previous way of wrapping the event title.
As MrQuade said, text wrapping in the graphical EPG is controlled by a new setting. The setting has nothing to do with the skin and it would be the same in both of the standard skins. I don't know why the default setting wasn't made to echo the behaviour in the old code.

To change the setting to reflect the old behaviour, press MENU while in the graphical EPG, and set "Alignment of events" to "left, wrapped".

When there isn't enough room for a program's title text, the pixmap that's displayed is supposed to be an "i" for "there is information here, but not enough room to display it", not an inverted exclamation mark (as used in Spanish punctuation). This display is the same in the old code, but you might see it more often with wrapping turned off.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
peteru wrote:...
Thanks for this.
I don't think that the "Jun 15 2015" T4 bootloader was ever publicly released,
This post has prl referring to it, but us mere mortals can't access the embedded link as we get --
Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

Perhaps more recent T4's (owned by mere mortals) are running the June bootloader.
I got the T4 late last year and it has the June 2015 Boot Loader in it from the factory.
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075

tb123
Master

Post by tb123 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01

I've noticed that the WizOS app works a LOT faster now and the time slider actually works whereas it was really flaky before (could only skip about half a program). Nice one :)

Actually, i take that back. The time slider seems to work for programs around 1 hour in length, but anything up around the 120-140minute mark (motogp, netball etc) the time slider only fast forwards about half the program :(
Denon X4500H, Rotel 1075

saintboy
Apprentice

Post by saintboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:57

Hi,

Nice update with lots of great fixes.

Been having a play at the new settings and getting things back to our preferred setup and found a 'possible' issue with Webif and timers. I say possible as it could be a misunderstanding on my part but I'm pretty sure this didn't behave like this beforehand.

Here is a summary of steps to re-create:

*Use EPG in Webif to add a timer for a future programme, -e.g Playschool at 15:30 today on ABC Kids. At this point Webif will show the timer in the correct chronological position in the "Timers' list function and also T3 will show it correctly via the 'Timers' list button.
*Use Webif to edit the timer and select repeat day(s). To recreate this problem, I just clicked today (Wednesday, so it had an orange marker) to repeat weekly and selected 'save'. Webif updates its timers list but now the Playschool timer is for a week Wednesday on 5th, not today. If I edit the timer again in Webif and change the date to 29th (and leave on the repeat) it still doesn't not update to today.
*On the T3, selecting the 'Timers' list shows the Playschool timer also for the 5th. However the strangest bit (and why I think its a bug) is that if you select the timer (on the T3) it shows a starting date of 29th and then if you 'OK' the entry (without changing anything) the entry goes back to where it should be chronologically and the Wednesday repeat remain, -essentially as it was intended. Webif also echoes this and to me all is back as it should be.

Whilst re-adding my timers I found this happened a few times in slightly different circumstances such as multiple repeat days and repeats not for current day. Hopefully my instructions make sense and are for the most straight forward situation.

Thanks

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 13:00

peteru wrote:
csutak40 wrote:So, I don't need to worry about the Bootloader for the T2 & the T4?
Looking at the screenshot, you are running an old version of the front panel firmware. If you want reliable operation, you must update to 20057.

Thank youu for this. Looks like I am way behind the times :lol: Off to bring myself up to date
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

csutak40
Master

Post by csutak40 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 13:08

Grumpy_Geoff wrote: You are not authorised to read this forum.[/i]

I had no trouble getting to the link.
BTW, I bought mine in October 2015 and also have the Apr 2 2015 bootloader, but seems my Frontpanel needs updating as that is not the latest. So, you should check your Frontpanel number too
Cheers,
Judy

Beyonwiz V2 & T2
NetComm NF18ACV
D-Link NAS drives
HauppaugeTV HVR-2210
Panasonic DMR ES35V

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 13:37

csutak40 wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote: You are not authorised to read this forum.[/i]

I had no trouble getting to the link.
Which link? To confirm, I'm not referring to the bootloader link that peteru posted, I'm referring to the link that is inside prl's post in the year-old "beyonwiz-4.4 20160101" thread that I linked to.
csutak40 wrote:BTW, I bought mine in October 2015 and also have the Apr 2 2015 bootloader, but seems my Frontpanel needs updating as that is not the latest. So, you should check your Frontpanel number too
Thanks, but I've been running it since it came out in Dec-2015.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 13:50

saintboy wrote:...
Been having a play at the new settings and getting things back to our preferred setup and found a 'possible' issue with Webif and timers. I say possible as it could be a misunderstanding on my part but I'm pretty sure this didn't behave like this beforehand.

Here is a summary of steps to re-create:
...{snipped}
Whilst re-adding my timers I found this happened a few times in slightly different circumstances such as multiple repeat days and repeats not for current day. Hopefully my instructions make sense and are for the most straight forward situation.
Same as this issue - "Webif Repeat timer date issue T3"?

I just did this on my T2 and T4 and it worked as expected after changing the timer to repeat -
Play School
29.03.2017 15:20 - 29.03.2017 16:24
Every Wednesday
ABC2/KIDS
[Rpt] Going Out: Wednesday
waiting

If you are using repeat timers, why aren't you using AutoTimers instead?

saintboy
Apprentice

Post by saintboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 14:53

Thanks Grumpy_Geoff for the pointer to that post...I should've found it myself. It does sound like the same problem.

In that post you said it worked for you with 16.1 and OWIF 1.2.1 and likewise in your reply today. However I'm re-creating this issue with the new 16.1 upgrade and Webif v1.2.1 so I'd guess this issue isn't fixed by the upgrade? Maybe someone with a T3 can attempt to recreate the issue post upgrade?

I've tried auto-timers but they didn't work out well for me, -mostly as event names get changed sometimes by things like 'new episode','encore' etc. I might have another stab at it this time around seeing as its from afresh.

Thanks

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 15:03

I've tried auto-timers but they didn't work out well for me, -mostly as event names get changed sometimes by things like 'new episode','encore' etc. I might have another stab at it this time around seeing as its from afresh.
You can work around that by judicious use of "title starts with" or "partial match" in the AutoTimer's Search type.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 15:35

prl wrote:
You can work around that by judicious use of "title starts with" or "partial match" in the AutoTimer's Search type.
Yep.
In OpenWebif's AutoTimer-speak, that's "partial match" or "start match" values for the option 'Match title:' (and watch the case sensitivity too).

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Mar 29, 2017 16:16

In that post you said it worked for you with 16.1 and OWIF 1.2.1 and likewise in your reply today. However I'm re-creating this issue with the new 16.1 upgrade and Webif v1.2.1 so I'd guess this issue isn't fixed by the upgrade? Maybe someone with a T3 can attempt to recreate the issue post upgrade?
I just had a thought - perhaps the 'issue' arises if the start time is too close to 'now'. I'm in Perth so the Play School timer was more than 3-4 hours away when I tried it. Try to set the repeat on a timer further away (say 10 or 11pm).

Maindee
Master

Post by Maindee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 17:13

Please excuse my ignorance but what is "webif" and Openwebif". Do they apply to the T2?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 17:19

Maindee wrote:Please excuse my ignorance but what is "webif" and Openwebif". Do they apply to the T2?
Those are the web interfaces to the T series PVRs. It applies to the T2, T3 and T4.

If your T2 is networked, then you can access the OpenWebIf by typing this into your web browser address bar:
http://beyonwizt2/

or

http://<ip address of your T2>/

It's a very very handy thing to use if your Wiz is networked.

Return to “Official Firmware Images”