Tuning in Stations

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

pegz
Apprentice

Tuning in Stations

Post by pegz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 14:57

When tuning in stations i cannot get SBS but i get the GOV senate Etc, then i rescan i loose the gov stations and get poor signal SBS. When i had a tpfield box i could get SBS with a strong signal strengh. Question is this tuner not as good as a topfield. Also can you manually tune in stations ????

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Tuning in Stations

Post by IanSav » Fri Aug 17, 2007 15:46

Hi Pegz,
pegz wrote:When tuning in stations i cannot get SBS but i get the GOV senate Etc, then i rescan i loose the gov stations and get poor signal SBS. When i had a tpfield box i could get SBS with a strong signal strengh. Question is this tuner not as good as a topfield. Also can you manually tune in stations ????
Most people don't have issues with the tuner. There are a few reports of problems but many feel that there are external influences at play in those cases.

You can scan a single channel but you can not simply provide the tuning details for a channel.

Regards,
Ian.

pegz
Apprentice

Post by pegz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 19:17

How do you tune in single channels and edit the station titles to stop scrolling. Also have other issues see in forum DP-P1

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Tue Aug 21, 2007 19:30

pegz wrote:How do you tune in single channels
Set the Scanning Range to PARTIAL. Then set the Start Channel and End Channel both to the channel you want to scan.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Aug 21, 2007 19:53

Hi Pegz,
pegz wrote:How do you tune in single channels and edit the station titles to stop scrolling. Also have other issues see in forum DP-P1
Dave answered part of your question.

Renaming channels is a feature on the wishlist and has not yet been implemented. I think there is also a wishlist item to allow control of the scrolling displays. It may pay for you to browse the first post in the various bug and wish lists to see the current status of any bugs and wish lists.

Regards,
Ian.

ptannerford
Apprentice

SBS from Bendigo and Channel 29...

Post by ptannerford » Thu Sep 27, 2007 16:20

hi - I've got one of these magnificent machines.. the DP-S1.. and I'm wrapped with the performance to date..

I do have one question.. and it relates to SBS transmitted from Bendigo and the DP-S1 ( I happen to live 1/2 way between Melbourne and Bendigo..and can happily select either channel ie. channel 6 (Prime from Bendigo) or Channel 7 from Melbourne.. depending on weather conditions, etc.. however, I cannnot do this with SBS.. I can only receive Melbourne transmissions (SBS, HD, SBS2, etc)

I happened to notice that SBS (Bendigo) transmit channel 29 at 534.224 MHz and the
DP-S1 lists channel 29 @ 536.5MHz (when looking at the service scan page in setup (start/stop) etc.)

Am I right in assuming this is why I can't receive the picture? if so.. can anyone advise how can I change this, so that I can receive SBS from Bendigo?

regards,
Paul.

prl
Wizard God

Re: SBS from Bendigo and Channel 29...

Post by prl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 17:16

ptannerford wrote:hi - I've got one of these magnificent machines.. the DP-S1.. and I'm wrapped with the performance to date..

I do have one question.. and it relates to SBS transmitted from Bendigo and the DP-S1 ( I happen to live 1/2 way between Melbourne and Bendigo..and can happily select either channel ie. channel 6 (Prime from Bendigo) or Channel 7 from Melbourne.. depending on weather conditions, etc.. however, I cannnot do this with SBS.. I can only receive Melbourne transmissions (SBS, HD, SBS2, etc)

I happened to notice that SBS (Bendigo) transmit channel 29 at 534.224 MHz and the
DP-S1 lists channel 29 @ 536.5MHz (when looking at the service scan page in setup (start/stop) etc.)

Am I right in assuming this is why I can't receive the picture? if so.. can anyone advise how can I change this, so that I can receive SBS from Bendigo?

regards,
Paul.
According to ACMA, SBS29 Bendigo Mt Alexander @ 534.224MHz is an analog transmitter. The BW will see signal, but won't tune to it. SBS28 Bendigo Mt Alexander @ 529.5MHz is probably the one you want. SBS29 Mt Dandenong @ 536.625MHz is the Melbourne transmitter for SBS.

The other digital channels at Mt Alexander are broadcasting on higher power than SBS; SBS is 250kW, Ten is 500kW, ABC is 1250kW, and the other two are 1000kW. The Melbourne Mt Dandenong digital transmissions are all relatively low-powered, except for SBS 200kW, everyone else there is 50kW.

But perhaps the problem is that SBS uses the same service numbers in both Melbourne and Bendigo, while the other channels use different service numbers.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Digital TV”