Channel 7 FTA EPG...

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Channel 7 FTA EPG...

Post by IanSav » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:48

Hi,

For some of you this post, coming from me, may not be a big surprise. In line with my previous reports about the Channel 10 FTA EPG and the Channel 9 FTA EPG being off the air at various time in the recent past today I wish to report that today the Channel 7 FTA EPG is off the air.

I rang Channel 7 Melbourne to ask what was going on and the guy on the phone informed me that they have deliberately taken it down for some unspecified purpose. He was simply told to see how many people call about the issue and record call counts and comments. Hmmm, I wonder if that has any sinister meaning behind it? :twisted:

This means that Now and Next in the EIT stream as well as the VPG have no current show information. This is really handy given that LCN 7 and LCN 70 are showing different shows.

There was no indication given of when the data will be returned to viewers.

Regards,
Ian.

SimonB
Master

Post by SimonB » Sat Dec 15, 2007 18:39

This just goes to show the contempt that we, their customers, are treated with, in my opinion.

What with suddenly chopping and changing schedules, dropping shows mid series, running late by tens of minutes, huge banner ads in the middle of shows, ad breaks getting more frequent near the end of a show etc, I am not surprised I am watching less and less free to air television.

All I can say is that they reap what they sow :evil:

Simon....

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sun Dec 16, 2007 07:41

Just posted a comment in IceTV section here before I found this reply from Ian. I think this only goes to illustrate the necessity quick smart for the BW to have a mechanism to allow user epg data to be inserted as an alternative to IceTV or FTA. I download the OzTivoSydney data and have that displayed on my PC and there is no problem with channel 7 EPG from that source... now if only I could copy and paste from my PC to my BW timers :twisted:
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Return to “Digital TV”