Integration with ICE TV for BWiz

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

damodags
Apprentice

Integration with ICE TV for BWiz

Post by damodags » Thu Oct 11, 2007 16:50

I know it's not a priority but I can't wait for this intergration to happen - it's so easy to use. I have been using it with Media Centre and it works like a charm.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Oct 11, 2007 16:53

Hi Damodags,

Pardon?

IceTV is already available with the Beyonwiz.

The only thing that isn't done yet is IceTV Remote.

Regards,
Ian.

damodags
Apprentice

Post by damodags » Thu Oct 11, 2007 17:28

That's what I meant - sorry

Ice Tv Remote

peterjcat
Master

Post by peterjcat » Thu Oct 11, 2007 18:44

I've been trying to drum up some interest to make it a priority, so it's good to hear from you Damo. I still do most of my recording on my Mac with EyeTV which is excellently integrated with IceTV; I can't wait for the BW to be able to take over those duties.

j s
Master

Post by j s » Thu Oct 11, 2007 21:08

IanSav wrote:Hi Damodags,

Pardon?

IceTV is already available with the Beyonwiz.

The only thing that isn't done yet is IceTV Remote.

Regards,
Ian.
ahem! I wouldn't say it quite like that Ian. Until the BW provides regular, reliable guide updating, key word timer setting (TEDS) and Web access (ToppyWeb) my Toppy will remain my primary recording platform

Jammer
Master

Post by Jammer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 22:30

j s wrote:Until the BW provides regular, reliable guide updating........
Absolutely! I've been using my toppy for a couple of days and noticed tonight that the EPG on the BW was completely empty. So I had to empty the ICE guide cache (I don't see how this can make any difference if there's no guide data there anyway) in order to get guide data. What a joke.

Does anyone have definitive answers as to: a) why this keeps happening; and b) is there any way to avoid it happening altogether?

All I can say at this stage is that I agree with JS: until things like this are fixed, my toppy will continue to be my primary PVR.

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 04:51

Jammer wrote:
j s wrote:Until the BW provides regular, reliable guide updating........
Absolutely! I've been using my toppy for a couple of days and noticed tonight that the EPG on the BW was completely empty. So I had to empty the ICE guide cache (I don't see how this can make any difference if there's no guide data there anyway) in order to get guide data. What a joke.

Does anyone have definitive answers as to: a) why this keeps happening; and b) is there any way to avoid it happening altogether?

All I can say at this stage is that I agree with JS: until things like this are fixed, my toppy will continue to be my primary PVR.
I just won't be renewing IceTV.

Philip

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:11

SBA and ABC IceTV seemed to be a mess last night (Thu 11 Oct). For a while I had no ABC SD or SBS SD programming, and the ABC HD program said that Rain Shadow was on at 20:30 last night (It's actually on on Sundays). I cleared the IceTV cache and got ABC and SBS program info, but it said that the 22:15 SBS movie was Fanny and Alexander, but SBS was advertising 8 Women.

The only good thing was that I noticed that Rain Shadow is native HD, I think it's the first native HD drama from the ABC since Bastard Boys. Will this become a regular twice-a-year treat from Auntie? :roll:
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

bwizbeta
On probation

Post by bwizbeta » Fri Nov 02, 2007 04:46

The deciding factor on my renewing my ICETV subscription
is remote implementation in the S, cmon can't be that hard!?

peterjcat
Master

Post by peterjcat » Fri Nov 02, 2007 08:47

Even if it's hard, we know by now that the BW engineers are very clever!

Gully

Post by Gully » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:13

But please remember that the focus currently is on improving stability which is a priority.

Plus there has already been a commitment on revamping the whole EPG area, so it will come. (though not necessarily with all these requests)
Cheers
Gully

Return to “Ice TV”