Constant series recording errors

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

jaxon7au
On probation

Constant series recording errors

Post by jaxon7au » Tue May 10, 2011 16:31

I have all of my shows set up through IceTV and only about half of them are sent to my PVR. I keep getting little yellow triangles next to the ones that do not send to my PVR that say "series recording failed". I have tried clearing out the cashes, etc, as suggested in other posts and starting from scratch, but still the same problem.

How can I find out what the problem is so it can be fixed as there is no information given??

Thanks

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue May 10, 2011 16:56

Are you trying to record more than two shows at a time (or two or more shows from different broadcasters on a DP-H1)? Ice TV doesn't know how many recordings your PVR can make at a time. It just sends the requests to the PVR, and the PVR sends back errors if it can't schedule some of the recordings. This is probably the most common reason for getting the yellow warning triangle. Unfortunately, the Beyonwiz doesn't send IceTV any information back about why it can't set a recording.

Occasionally I get a yellow warning triangle when the timer was set just fine on the Beyonwiz.

It that's not the cause of at least most of the failures, try ringing IceTV support (1300 654 803)?

And a cache is a different thing from cash, and is often pronounced differently :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Tue May 10, 2011 16:59

The Wiz only has 2 tuners & 2 recording slots (overlapping). The only time I typically get triangles is when 3 things are on at the same time, or at least overlapping in some part such that 3 timer slots are required. I think with ICE it is first in, best dressed, ICE doesn't do any kind of overlapping avoidance, it just fires off all the timers you have set and leaves it up to the PVR how to deal with it (since some PVRs, e.g. Windows Media Centre, can have many more than 2 tuners). Since the PVR can only schedule 2 of the 3, when it next reports the timers/status to ICE, ICE will indicate an exclamation on the one not set by the PVR.

Regards
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue May 10, 2011 17:22

tonymy01 wrote:The Wiz only has 2 tuners & 2 recording slots (overlapping). ...
Except if it's a DP-H1 (one tuner and two recording slots, but it can only use two recording slots if the two shows can be received on the one tuner - i.e. they come from the same broadcaster). The OP hasn't said what model he has.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

jaxon7au
On probation

Post by jaxon7au » Tue May 10, 2011 18:18

Thanks for the replies.

It's a DP-Lite able to tape 2 channels at once.

Return to “Ice TV”