OpenATV questions

Moderators: Gully, peteru

NoDeity
Master

Re: Kodi V18.4 installation

Post by NoDeity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 14:57

NoDeity wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36
While I'm here, what's the purpose of the recovery file, I've always just used the Wiz FW file as the recovery file but OpenATV has a FW installation file and a recovery file?
Ok, I got around to installing from the "recovery - emm file" so out of curiosity, what is the other - mmc file?
Also, the OpenATV forum is a squirly mess, is there a section of the Wiz forum I should be using to get help with this setup? The OpenATV version of Kodi is close to the latest version so it's much better than the wiz version, although I would prefer if there was a pass-through for the audio. One thing that's got me stumped right now is access to my NAS, I was able to access it from the media section with the Wiz setup, but the only way I can access it now is via the Kodi app, what am I missing? Thanks
Wiz V2
65" Samsung
Logitech Harmony Elite
Denon sound system
Duct Tape & Fencing Wire

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:00

NoDeity wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 14:57
Ok, I got around to installing from the "recovery - emm file" so out of curiosity, what is the other - mmc file?
Also, the OpenATV forum is a squirly mess, is there a section of the Wiz forum I should be using to get help with this setup? The OpenATV version of Kodi is close to the latest version so it's much better than the wiz version, although I would prefer if there was a pass-through for the audio. One thing that's got me stumped right now is access to my NAS, I was able to access it from the media section with the Wiz setup, but the only way I can access it now is via the Kodi app, what am I missing? Thanks
These questions are off topic for this thread. You can ask your questions in the OpenATV/3rd party section.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:15

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:00
These questions are off topic for this thread. You can ask your questions in the OpenATV/3rd party section.

Moved there, or rather, here...
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:25

NoDeity wrote:

For installing using the multiboot manager (and perhaps also for online full updates, I'm not sure).
NoDeity wrote:
Also, the OpenATV forum is a squirly mess, is there a section of the Wiz forum I should be using to get help with this setup?

Yes, right here in the section that this topic is in. Forum member captain is a senior OpenATV developer.
NoDeity wrote:
One thing that's got me stumped right now is access to my NAS, I was able to access it from the media section with the Wiz setup, but the only way I can access it now is via the Kodi app, what am I missing? Thanks

ATV uses the EnhancedMediaCentre plugin as its default media selection screen (that's why it looks so different from the equivalent Beyonwiz screen). I know little about it, and I don't have any NAS setup, so you'd probably be in a better position than me to try and work it out.

One notable difference is that the Beyonwiz media selection screen puts its own operations and plugin operations into the same (large) menu. In EMC, the selection screen's own operations are reached by pressing MENU, while plugin operations are on AUDIO (go figure). The Help screen is your friend ;)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

NoDeity
Master

Post by NoDeity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:37

MrQuade wrote:
I'm just glad there is a section for it, the ATV forum is borked..! ;) Thanks though
Wiz V2
65" Samsung
Logitech Harmony Elite
Denon sound system
Duct Tape & Fencing Wire

NoDeity
Master

Post by NoDeity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:38

prl wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:15
MrQuade wrote:
Moved there, or rather, here...
Annnd thank you too.. :)
Wiz V2
65" Samsung
Logitech Harmony Elite
Denon sound system
Duct Tape & Fencing Wire

NoDeity
Master

Post by NoDeity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:41

prl wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:25
NoDeity wrote:

For installing using the multiboot manager (and perhaps also for online full updates, I'm not sure).
NoDeity wrote:
Also, the OpenATV forum is a squirly mess, is there a section of the Wiz forum I should be using to get help with this setup?

Yes, right here in the section that this topic is in. Forum member captain is a senior OpenATV developer.
NoDeity wrote:
One thing that's got me stumped right now is access to my NAS, I was able to access it from the media section with the Wiz setup, but the only way I can access it now is via the Kodi app, what am I missing? Thanks

ATV uses the EnhancedMediaCentre plugin as its default media selection screen (that's why it looks so different from the equivalent Beyonwiz screen). I know little about it, and I don't have any NAS setup, so you'd probably be in a better position than me to try and work it out.

One notable difference is that the Beyonwiz media selection screen puts its own operations and plugin operations into the same (large) menu. In EMC, the selection screen's own operations are reached by pressing MENU, while plugin operations are on AUDIO (go figure). The Help screen is your friend ;)
Yeah, if it wasn't for the fact that Kodi is up to date I'd stick with the Wiz version. If they ever get around to updating it I'll probably switch back.
Wiz V2
65" Samsung
Logitech Harmony Elite
Denon sound system
Duct Tape & Fencing Wire

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Mar 27, 2020 16:07

Hi Prl,
prl wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 15:25
The Help screen is your friend ;)
I am hoping it will be even better soon. ;)

Regards,
Ian.

Return to “OpenATV & Other 3rd Party Images”