EPG query

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Parkwood

EPG query

Post by Parkwood » Tue Apr 14, 2020 17:13

I recently purchased a v2 after using a top field box for the past 10 years and am greatly impressed with the technology.
Issue I have is that I established a timer entry for a record each week before establishing my favourites, and the tv channel I selected did not end up in my final favourites list.
Despite taken this tv channel out of my “recently scanned” favourites the timer entry still occurs each week. I have not taken the tv channel out of the terrestrial favourites following advice on this blog.
I hope I have explained the issue clearly enough so it can be understood and consequently resolved by the experts.
How can I get rid of this weekly recording?
Thanks for your help

prl
Wizard God

Re: EPG query

Post by prl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 17:32

Hi, Parkwood, welcome to the forum.

Deleting a channel from any of the bouquets (mainly European term for any collection of digital media sources) won't delete it from the PVR entirely, and it won't delete any timer set up for that channel.

To delete a timer (for any reason), from live TV, press TIMER on the remote control (or MENU>Timers), navigate down to the timer you want to delete, then RED Delete and confirm.

If you want to create a bouquet that contains only the channels you're interested in, I suggest that you populate the (by default empty) Favourites bouquet, rather than deleting channels from a system-created bouquet like Last scanned or Terrestrial TV LCN. That way you can easily group the channels in the order that you want them.

Also, the Last scanned and Terrestrial TV LCN bouquets are over-written every time you scan for services, and any changes that you make in them will be lost.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Parkwood

Post by Parkwood » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:58

Thanks for your response.
I created my final bouquets by the process you followed.
I also followed your suggestion regarding getting rid of the unwanted timer recording.
However if I delete and confirm the removal today, it will back on my timer list tomorrow.
Am I doing something wrong.
Thank you for your thoughts and advice.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:39

Parkwood wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:58
However if I delete and confirm the removal today, it will back on my timer list tomorrow.

Are the timers being created by an AutoTimer? If so, you need to delete the AutoTimer and answer that it should delete any timers that it has created when it asks in the deletion process.

If the timers are being created by an AutoTimer and you want to keep the AutoTimer and just not record that episode, disable the timer in the TIMER screen instead of deleting it.

If the timer is created by IceTV, you need to delete it on your IceTV My Recordings page. That should also delete any timers the IceTV recording has made.

If the timers are being created by an IceTV series recording and you want to keep the series recording, but not record that episode, you need to click on the recording;s entry in the IceTV My Recordings Web page and than click on the recording's Remove episode from recordername, though deleting the timer on the recording should also do that.
Parkwood wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:58
Am I doing something wrong.

It's hard to say - I don't have enough information to know quite what you're trying to achieve and its context, as you can see from the list of things that you might need to do depending on just how the recording was created.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Parkwood

Post by Parkwood » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:17

Thank you for all on this forum that helped me resolve my problem.
It was caused by “finger trouble”.
I inadvertently created an “autotimer”.
Found a way to delete this unwanted timer recording so I will try and be more careful in future.

BrettR
On probation

Post by BrettR » Mon Mar 22, 2021 22:53

While on the topic of EPG - my EPG populates fine with ABC, SBS and channel 31, but all the commercial channels are blank - 7, 9 and 10. Maybe my V2 knows I rarely watch any of them, but it would at least be good to see what I am not watching! When I do select any of those channels, the program information comes up OK, but the EPG remains blank. What am I doing wrong?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 23, 2021 09:19

BrettR wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 22:53
While on the topic of EPG - my EPG populates fine with ABC, SBS and channel 31, but all the commercial channels are blank - 7, 9 and 10. Maybe my V2 knows I rarely watch any of them, but it would at least be good to see what I am not watching! When I do select any of those channels, the program information comes up OK, but the EPG remains blank. What am I doing wrong?

Each broadcaster transmits its own menu (and no-one else's). If you don't watch or record from to a channel from a broadcaster, that broadcaster's
EPG is not updated, as you've observed happening. You're not doing anything wrong.

There is a plugin called EPGRefresh available that will automatically scan for EPG updates on all broadcasters. I don't use it, so I'll leave it to others to give you pointers.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:54

BrettR wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 22:53
When I do select any of those channels, the program information comes up OK, but the EPG remains blank. What am I doing wrong?

Possibly not staying on a service from those providers/broadcasters for long enough for the guide data to be retrieved.
As prl suggests, you can automate it by using the EPGRefresh plugin. Some settings for EPGRefresh are shown in this post here, as well as another suggestion and examples of setting daily repeating timers on each provider/broadcaster. Either method should keep the EPG data updated at least daily.
The screenhot of the EPGRefresh settings screen in that linked post is of that shown when the plugin is opened from the OpenWebif browser screen to the PVR's web interface, but you should easily be able to correlate those settings to the EPGRefresh GUI display if you're not going to use the web interface to set the values.

You'll need to download the EPGRefresh plugin if you want to use it.
If your V2 is not networked then let us know and we can give you a link to manually download the plugin and install via a thumbdrive.

Return to “Tips & How to Guides V2”